no GC at autozone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

Same here. Local (Maryland) AutoZone doesn't have any GC. If we can't get this oil anymore, what is the the next best?

Autozones that I know have it:

Woodyard Road
St Barnabas Road
Rte 210
Good Hope Road (DC, may be a road right near it)

Uhh ohh, don't raid my GC stashes.

PS, I've raided all of these locations of the green (only got 12 bottles though)

Castrol says I can get it from the distributor. Chesapeake Petroleum in Gaithersburg MD.

Success. The local AZ had the German stuff sitting behind the 6 year old American Stuff. I told the manager to continue to carry the darn stuff
smile.gif

I cleaned off the shelves of 16 dusty bottles two weeks ago at my local AZ. I checked back yesterday and they re-stocked the shelf with some brand spanking new bottles. I guess AZ can still get it if they want to.

Quote:

Quote:

Same here. Local (Maryland) AutoZone doesn't have any GC. If we can't get this oil anymore, what is the the next best?

Autozones that I know have it:

Woodyard Road
St Barnabas Road
Rte 210
Good Hope Road (DC, may be a road right near it)

Uhh ohh, don't raid my GC stashes.

Glen Burnie Autozone on Business 3 always has it when I go in there.

I wrote to Autozone about GC being removed from the shelves. Here's the 'corporate' reply....

"Unfortunately,

We sell on average less than 1% of our overall oil volume in a Castrol Syntec 0W30 (so it's not that popular). Until the brand/weight becomes more popular, we have chosen to stock our shelves with more popular oils that sell better.

I would recommend, though, that you keep your eyes open. We are making more changes to the oil wall in the next few months. If that brand/weight picks up momentum in the marketplace, it may find a home on our shelf
again!

Thanks for your patronage and please continue to shop AutoZone for all your automotive needs.

Cheryl Brittmon
Customer Satisfaction
AutoZone, Inc."

My response to Autozone.... (sorry, couldn't figure how to edit it in the previous post...)

Ms. Brittmon,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I'm disappointed that Autozone will not continue stocking Castrol Syntec 0W-30 oil. Autozone's decision to no longer carry this high quality, energy saving oil that meets and exceeds European ACEA standards is an unfortunate
and ill timed decision.

We in the US need to use environmentally friendly motor oils that are specifically designed for extended drain intervals: to reduce the volume of imported oil; and to reduce the huge quantity of oil in the waste stream.

In addition to providing long service life, the Castrol's 0W-30 product is specifically designed for European vehicles. There isn't any better product on the market.

I suggest that someone at Autozone read up on this popular Castrol product at Bob is the Oil Guy....
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB51 under the general heading of "German Castrol" or "GC." It would also be advised that someone at Autozone also spend the time to read the European ACEA testing requirements and understand why the European Union is requiring all European auto manufacturers to use these oils. This is the reality and it is the future.

Autozone's decision flys in the face of reality. I understand marketing and sales. Companies must do the 'right thing' even if it means selling low volume-slow moving products ... especially when they are environmentally
friendly and conserve oil and fuel resources.

For me, as soon as the Kerrville Texas Autozone runs out of the Castrol
0W-30 product, I'll find another supplier.... even it means a 120 mile trip to San Antonio or I'll have a case of "GC" freighted in by UPS. I don't see any other reason to shop Autozone in the future.

Most folks aren't like us.

They think 0w30 is "bad" and "thin".

I don't know of one vehicle that is speced for 0w30 motor oil in the owners manual.

Quote:

Most folks aren't like us.

They think 0w30 is "bad" and "thin".

I don't know of one vehicle that is speced for 0w30 motor oil in the owners manual.

Indeed!!! Most aren't like us. And, I've not seen a manufacturer who 'specs' 0W-30. Its only a matter of time. Besides, I should have been more specific. Its the ACEA specs that I was referring to... the weight is secondary.

Still, anyone in Texas who has a lead on GC outside of Autozone leave a note here.

I checked my AZ last night and the only thing they had said "Same European formula now made in the US" on the back. Is this really the same as GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back