nitog has been hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Castrol's Edge brings a powerfull message to the market. People WANT a "super premium" oil. The Edge carries A5, hopefull the newest A5, but Mobil toils with a lame A1 spec on their 0w-30?

Euro-quality oils are a hit w/consumers. Just look at the GC craze! Thw one M1 produt I would use 0w-30 (other than the Hi-Mi oils) does not bring confidence when the 5w-30 is lame and there is no decent spec on it. One thing Lubrizol's oil spec tool taught us is that SPECS ARE EVERYTHING.

I don't know why the M1 0W-30 doesn't have A5, but the M1 5W-30 (regular and EP) has A1/B1, A5/B5.

Looking at the Mobil 1 website, they are marketing 0W-30 with a green cap as an Advanced Fuel Economy product, and that may have something to do with it.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Castrol's Edge brings a powerfull message to the market. People WANT a "super premium" oil. The Edge carries A5, hopefull the newest A5, but Mobil toils with a lame A1 spec on their 0w-30?

Euro-quality oils are a hit w/consumers. Just look at the GC craze! Thw one M1 produt I would use 0w-30 (other than the Hi-Mi oils) does not bring confidence when the 5w-30 is lame and there is no decent spec on it. One thing Lubrizol's oil spec tool taught us is that SPECS ARE EVERYTHING.

I don't know why the M1 0W-30 doesn't have A5, but the M1 5W-30 (regular and EP) has A1/B1, A5/B5.

Looking at the Mobil 1 website, they are marketing 0W-30 with a green cap as an Advanced Fuel Economy product, and that may have something to do with it.

Castrol 5w-30 is A3 down here. what I would like to look for in an oil, and is the appropriate viscosity for my engine. I'd take an A3 over A1 or A5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back