New Yorker Radio Hour piece on UFOs.

If there are 'ETs' living on this planet, they are very, very unusual and certainly walking around in some kind of a protective suit. Another planet in another solar system with an atmosphere similar to ours would be even more rare.
Depends where it was born. Certain countries like the US automatically confer citizenship if you're born here, but other countries don't.

I think they are saying that the greatest discovery of all time is DNA. At least that is what comes up if you google it.
Exactly. We completely mapped the human genome in 2005(decade or more before prediction).Yes, Darwin had the what, but Watson and Crick discovered the double helix and and gave us the how. The why may be beyond comprehension. Please no Genesis nonsense.

If there are 'ETs' living on this planet, they are very, very unusual and certainly walking around in some kind of a protective suit. Another planet in another solar system with an atmosphere similar to ours would be even more rare.

Exactly. We completely mapped the human genome in 2005(decade or more before prediction).Yes, Darwin had the what, but Watson and Crick discovered the double helix and and gave us the how. The why may be beyond comprehension. Please no Genesis nonsense.
The thing is, carbon is well suited for life forms. I think the next step up is silicon based but not as robust so any ET probably has to be carbon based. General relativity is still the main theory in physics even after 100+ years so no going faster than the speed of light. Which is why there probably aren't any ETs here although they may be out there. Way out there. Dinosaurs roamed the earth for millions of years and in a billion years, the oceans will boil off. There's a limited time window for life to develop.

As for DNA, well yeah, pretty much all life is DNA so I'm always saying it's all DNA.

We understand a myriad of things about our world that we didn't have a clue a hundred fifty years ago.
While I agree with you there is also a myriad of things we don't know about earth. We spend all this money in space programs looking for answers when they could be right here on earth.

This is one of those issues I find has so many different claims that I don’t even bother to read “news” about it anymore. However I highly value the intelligent discussion herein.

I know I’ve seen two very unusual aerial objects that were manmade military craft.

I am fairly certain that I’d know by now if the government was hiding knowledge of any extraterrestrial craft or beings. I climbed the ranks of various army special operations units. I ended my service in a very unique unit whose mission was counterterrorism and we often traveled, trained, and socialized with foreign units. I’ve traveled the world and socialized with soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. I went on to have a civilian career in one of the three letter agencies where I rose up a couple of levels before retirement. I’ve been in mixed company where large amounts of alcohol were consumed and lips loosened and things were said that shouldn’t have been. Yet never, not once, have I ever heard any rumor or fact that related to government knowledge of extraterrestrial anything. Of all of the wild stories I’ve heard and the actual secret assignments I was involved in, not once was there any mention of what I’d consider UFOs, beings from other planets, beings from other solar systems, recovered wreckage, etc.

It just strikes me as nearly impossible for any of that to exist if I didn’t encounter it at some point in my career, especially considering all of the “characters” I’ve met and socialized with.

This is one of those issues I find has so many different claims that I don’t even bother to read “news” about it anymore. However I highly value the intelligent discussion herein.

I know I’ve seen two very unusual aerial objects that were manmade military craft.

I am fairly certain that I’d know by now if the government was hiding knowledge of any extraterrestrial craft or beings. I climbed the ranks of various army special operations units. I ended my service in a very unique unit whose mission was counterterrorism and we often traveled, trained, and socialized with foreign units. I’ve traveled the world and socialized with soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. I went on to have a civilian career in one of the three letter agencies where I rose up a couple of levels before retirement. I’ve been in mixed company where large amounts of alcohol were consumed and lips loosened and things were said that shouldn’t have been. Yet never, not once, have I ever heard any rumor or fact that related to government knowledge of extraterrestrial anything. Of all of the wild stories I’ve heard and the actual secret assignments I was involved in, not once was there any mention of what I’d consider UFOs, beings from other planets, beings from other solar systems, recovered wreckage, etc.

It just strikes me as nearly impossible for any of that to exist if I didn’t encounter it at some point in my career, especially considering all of the “characters” I’ve met and socialized with.
Like I've mentioned many times, Ben Franklin was the one who said three can keep a secret if two are dead. There's just no real data or hard evidence to examine. We can't even really find Dyson Sphere's or Swarms out there.

My thoughts,
We are just an insignificant spec in the universe. No more then tadpole in a pond, if even that.
What the current UFO's are no one knows, I always find it strange, to this day, we never have a clear photo of them.

With that said, why does anyone think that we on planet earth are an advanced lifeform?
Here we have objects made by someone, in our own atmosphere and we cant even get a clear photo of it, we cant figure out what it is and clueless even though the things fly right over us.

How long as we call it, modern man walked the earth? couple hundred years? and only the last 100 did we really start to learn how to survive.
How long has what we call modern medicine been around? To me, its still not modern medicine but for others, how long? 10 to 30 years? If that?

OK, so lets take a look at the BILLIONS of other suns in the universe as we know it and we dont even really know what it is.
Out of billions of stars out there, do you really think, there wasnt another "mankind" walking its "earth" and might have been around for millions, hundreds of millions, billions more years then us?

I think it would be really "shallow" to think, we, "modern man" (which only became modern in the last 75 years) are the only ones in the universe and that there would be no "modern men" who have been around for billions more years then us, which leads me to say, we are no more then tadpole in a pond of water compared to how modern they must be.

We wouldn't be able, wouldn't be possible to comprehend an advanced civilization millions to billions more years old then us when we have only been "around" as "modern" (and I say that loosely) for about 75 years.

I mean think about that. We are nothing compared to what could be out there, how can we claim otherwise? Its laughable to think of ourselves are "modern" compared to what we will be in 1000 years, and in 1000 what we will be in one million years and so on and so on.
We still burn oil and gas for transportation like cavemen burned wood for heat, we cant even fix 1000s of human aliments, anymore then a barbershop/surgeon could perform an operation less then 150 years ago. "Modern" medicine is still much like barbershop surgery, brutal at times.

IN what we know as "time" we are less then a pinhead in a 12 foot deep pile of hay.

Last edited:
Well some of your numbers are off. There's an estimated 2 trillion galaxies out there in the observable universe. Unobservable could be 250-1000 times bigger so it's cubic so take 2 trillions times the 250-1000 cubic volume for a lot more. Each galaxy has between 100-400 billion suns. Although 80% of them are red dwarfs and red dwarfs flare a lot such that they would wipe out all life. You need a stable sun like ours in the main sequence. You probably also need heavier metals that we have on earth. Those come from neutron star collisions and those take longer. Still out of 13.8 billion years, you could still have all the conditions ready for life in the last couple billion years. The first few billion are probably too early. The main problem is probably the speed of light and maybe civilizations just burn themselves out after a few hundred years or a few thousand so we'll never see them.

I've gone back and forth on what I believe. From rare earth hypothesis to life being abundant.

I've gone back and forth on what I believe. From rare earth hypothesis to life being abundant.
It's not what you believe, it's what evidence there is.

The evidence impacts what we believe. Based on different explanations put forward, I go back and forth. We simply don't know.
Right, so far no physical evidence. Some people don't like to use Occam's Razor though.

I agree with the notion that the the universe is so spread out that it is unlikely that some other race of beings is visiting us. Also consider the number of different shaped and types of UFOs reported. That would imply there are many different species visiting us at the same relative time. I would think even more unlikely. Also if these species had the ability to travel great distances in short periods if time, and they found earth. why would we be so interesting. If life is everywhere in the universe due to sheer volume, what makes earth so special to gather this much attention? That would imply that we are somewhat rare to be so interesting.

If they did not want to be seen, I'm sure they could have some cloaking technology or just hide out on the back of the moon. Why fly in plain sight for the evening news to report on?

They might be from the other earth on the opposite side of the sun. our twin that we can't directly see. Voyager is the only one that took a picture from outside the solar system. "They" might have dotted that second earth out. Cue spooky music.... :)

More likely, not by much is time travel. That at least give hope that at some point in the distant future, humans developed time travel to go back in time and observe. That means we survived that long without polluting or blowing our selves up. :) This is why they don't want to make contact (you've seen the movies about timelines). Modern humans know about these time travelers and work with them to prevent damaging the future.

:p

Last edited:
I agree with the notion that the the universe is so spread out that it is unlikely that some other race of beings is visiting us. Also consider the number of different shaped and types of UFOs reported. That would imply there are many different species visiting us at the same relative time. I would think even more unlikely. Also if these species had the ability to travel great distances in short periods if time, and they found earth. why would we be so interesting. If life is everywhere in the universe due to sheer volume, what makes earth so special to gather this much attention? That would imply that we are somewhat rare to be so interesting.

If they did not want to be seen, I'm sure they could have some cloaking technology or just hide out on the back of the moon.

They might be from the other earth on the opposite side of the sun. our twin that we can't directly see. Voyeger is the only one that took a picture from outside the solar system. "They" might have dotted that second earth out. Cue spooky music.... :)
Yeah, interesting theory but general relativity says otherwise. If there was an earth on the other side of the orbit, you'd see it in the wobble of the Sun from the additional mass.

Yeah, interesting theory but general relativity says otherwise. If there was an earth on the other side of the orbit, you'd see it in the wobble of the Sun from the additional mass.

I generally don't the opinion of vastly intellectually superior humans discredit my theoretical BS.. :)

It could be the Earth itself they interested in. We are the insectoid guest at the moment. One big floating petri dish.

More likely, not by much is time travel. That at least give hope that at some point in the distant future, humans developed time travel to go back in time and observe. That means we survived that long without polluting or blowing our selves up. :) This is why they don't want to make contact (you've seen the movies about timelines). Modern humans know about these time travelers and work with them to prevent damaging the future.
:p
Time travel is even less likely than going faster than the speed of light. Some basically have you going back in time if you exceed the speed of light. I think Stephen Hawking had a party for time travelers once. He advertised the time and location after the party was over. He said no one showed up. Just way overused in the entertainment world. Leads to good stories but no way to actually do it. How do you really rewind time for the 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe? Dark energy causes the expansion of the universe, do you somehow rewind it? What about your location relative to the universe, earth rotates around the sun, sun rotates around the galaxy, galaxy wanders through the universe, how do you fix it to a previous time? Going back in time also implies that the universe has a memory of what the previous state was. Where is that recorded? Anyway I could go on and on, but I really hate time travel as a possible concept, pretty much all legit science says it can't happen. You mind as well change the value of pi or the planck constant.

Prometheus. :unsure: 😄

What's not hard to comprehend is that it's not all "just a coincedence".

Prometheus. :unsure: 😄

What's not hard to comprehend is that it's not all "just a coincedence".
It's all jumping to conclusions. You see what you want to see. Use the scientific method. Reserve judgement and let's see the data and the evidence. The jury is still out.

It's all jumping to conclusions. You see what you want to see. Use the scientific method. Reserve judgement and let's see the data and the evidence. The jury is still out.
I'm not talking about UFOs ... is it all just a coincidence? ;) 😄

6a00d8341c630a53ef015391422b9f970b.gif

Its only natural to develop reason and theories for the unknown.
Nothing is going to change with this release of information to the public.
The jury will be out for a very, very long time and if it is truly from another world the facts may never be known.

There will be very little "facts" released to the public that most dont already know. The public will be disappointed but the "media" will turn it into an extravaganza to entertain you, void of facts of course as the way of the modern "media" much of the public will take this nonsense as news.

Here is what I do know.
Americans will not have one single clear photo of all these UFOs flying around. I mean, really, think about that.
These UFOs always seem to be flying around our armed forces, (almost) nowhere else. Ever see UFOs approaching a cruise ship? Nope, only navy ships.
Ever see UFOs buzzing around the most busy international airports? Nope, only US armed forces planes.

My conclusion is no conclusion and nothing will change after the big "release" of information that may have more questions then answers. Even people who have previewed this information are split on what it means. Adversary from another country and someone from another planet.
On top of that, the release will be even less information then what special committees have seen and know but still draws the same questions, which is nothing is answered.

Its either from another planet, another country or our own top secret machines/weapons and that is the way it will be even after the "big" release of information. Void of clear photos of course which I suspect will remain top secret material.

The media will play it up, have their own experts, void of facts, turn it into an advertising revenue windfall as best they can. Much of the public will form an opinion. I do too, love the subject but Ill never have the facts or photos.

Last edited:
Back