New Yorker Radio Hour piece on UFOs.

With over 2 trillion galaxies in the known universe and maybe 1000 cubed of that in the unobservable flat universe, there probably is. However the speed of light is a problem and there's really no known theory that can get around it. So even if there's intelligent life in the closest galaxy Andromeda which is just 2.5 million light years away, it would take them a long while to get here. And if they showed up 2.5 million years ago or 2.5 million years from now, things would be completely different. In addition to needing a star in the main sequence which is stable and doesn't flare off and sterilize any life, we're also the results of neutron star collisions which make up the heavier elements in the universe. Our sun is also a 3rd generation sun and you may need that before you get any life. We may just be first. Freeman Dyson also theorized that advanced civilizations would build Dyson spheres or swarms and so far we've seen no evidence of any of that in the universe.
Exceeding the speed of light to our knowledge of physics is a no go.
What if an alien species was 10,000 or 100,000 years ahead of us.
Think of a human from 100,000 years ago riding in a modern day airplane that we take for granted.
Star Trek warp 9 is 6 billion miles a SECOND! Who knows?

Exceeding the speed of light to our knowledge of physics is a no go.
What if an alien species was 10,000 or 100,000 years ahead of us.
Think of a human from 100,000 years ago riding in a modern day airplane that we take for granted.
Star Trek warp 9 is 6 billion miles a SECOND! Who knows?
We scan the entire universe. No sign of other civilizations or their artifacts. Think of it, if they were 10,000 or 100,000 ahead of us and they stopped by back then, there was nothing to really see here, they would have moved on.

Star Trek is a science fiction show. And I emphasize the word fiction.

Think of it this way, people have been believing in things without proof for much longer than the scientific method has been around. I'd just like to see the data and the proof.

We scan the entire universe. No sign of other civilizations or their artifacts...I'd just like to see the data and the proof.
I like to see something more than these equivocal radar pics, unverified Cassette tapes, and more than wild conclusions and inferences unsupported by any physical data.

US: We’re looking into UFOs.
Debunkers: It’s balloons and birds.
Skeptics: Likely China/Russia.
Russia: We’ve a UFO issue too.
China: Us too.
Pentagon: Well err yes, no, yes, no. Ummm. Errr.
Media: We have no idea how to report any of this.

If there is no evidence concerning ET's. Why is part of report classified and redacted? That in itself is part and parcel of a conspiracy. No transparency. Native Americans have legends and pictographs in Southwest USA of interaction for hundreds of years.

If there is no evidence concerning ET's. Why is part of report classified and redacted? That in itself is part and parcel of a conspiracy. No transparency. Native Americans have legends and pictographs in Southwest USA of interaction for hundreds of years.
It could be classified for other reasons. Like they're military planes and maybe they don't want all the info about military planes to be declassified? So then maybe there isn't a conspiracy? The key point is that the theory is that there are ETs. So far the evidence that they have doesn't point to it. It's hard to rule out a negative. It's not a positive though because there's no evidence. I don't believe in ghosts, goblins or Santa Claus either although some could point to some evidence of Santa Claus around Christmas time.

Native Americans don't have classified systems.

Twelve years old growing up in New Mexico, I followed the "Roswell " UFO crash. Nothing but a downed balloon array with radar targets launched from Alamogordo Air Base. We are not now and never have been invaded by aliens. This industry thrives because some individuals will believe anything they read. They want to believe and are ripe for fleecing. Nothing but nonsense.

On Roswell, who would have thought the guy that helped administer and received an accommodation for the operation crossroads Atomic test, was part of the elite 509nth Atomic bomb wing, and made it all the way to LT Colonel in the air force, would be such a complete moron so as to confuse a wrecked alien craft with a weather balloon. These were supposed to be the best guys we had.

Nonsense. Started in 1947 with debris described as tinfoil, strips of rubber, sticks and some kind of tape with ink design. That is how foreman of ranch southeast of Corona,NM described the debris he found on the ranch. Does that sound like an alien space ship of a weather balloon carrying reflective radar targets launched from Alamogordo Army Air Field, about eighty or so miles away? Nothing but one huge money making scam that seems to go on for ever.

Twelve years old growing up in New Mexico, I followed the "Roswell " UFO crash. Nothing but a downed balloon array with radar targets launched from Alamogordo Air Base. We are not now and never have been invaded by aliens. This industry thrives because some individuals will believe anything they read. They want to believe and are ripe for fleecing. Nothing but nonsense.
Yes there is a ton of garbage in the UFO realm. However, there are extraordinary cases that cannot be explained. We lack a smoking gun. That is changing now that high level Navy and other military officials (also NASA) are studying it more closely.

Like anything else, you will find kooks but also really smart, well established, mentally sound folks who have seen and experienced things they claim are not of this earth.

Yes there is a ton of garbage in the UFO realm. However, there are extraordinary cases that cannot be explained. We lack a smoking gun. That is changing now that high level Navy and other military officials (also NASA) are studying it more closely.

Like anything else, you will find kooks but also really smart, well established, mentally sound folks who have seen and experienced things they claim are not of this earth.
They have experienced things that they can not explain. They have not yet proven that it's not of this earth. Otherwise you're just jumping to conclusions.

Humor me. If there are ET's on Earth. If an ET gives birth on Earth is that considered an ET or Earthling. Does it have citizen status? The Sumerian deities are still here.

We understand a myriad of things about our world that we didn't have a clue a hundred fifty years ago. How about the greatest discovery all all time, Darwin's theory of evolution? By 2005 we had completed mapped the human genome. The one thing we don't have the answer too is why. Why anything exists.

Humor me. If there are ET's on Earth. If an ET gives birth on Earth is that considered an ET or Earthling. Does it have citizen status? The Sumerian deities are still here.
Depends where it was born. Certain countries like the US automatically confer citizenship if you're born here, but other countries don't.

We understand a myriad of things about our world that we didn't have a clue a hundred fifty years ago. How about the greatest discovery all all time, Darwin's theory of evolution? By 2005 we had completed mapped the human genome. The one thing we don't have the answer too is why. Why anything exists.
I think they are saying that the greatest discovery of all time is DNA. At least that is what comes up if you google it.

Back