New Yorker Radio Hour piece on UFOs.

New Yorker radio hour had a no nonsense piece on what is common referred to as UFOs.

It has been a topic posted once in a while on here so I'd thought I'd provide a link.

Worth a listen; I'm sure buster has already heard it.....

-T

I've been following Lou Elizondo, Leslie Kean and Christopher Mellon lately. And Mick West for a skeptic/contrarian view point. Whatever these things that keep observing the Navy, and dismantling our nukes, it's a national security concern for sure. I don't think all of these incidents are drones or terrestrial. 98% likely are though. The good thing is this topic is no longer being ignored and people are finally taking it seriously. Exciting times for UFO folks. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to see the Phoenix lights March 13 1997....and watched them for over 5 mins.....seeing is believing.....My mother and i also saw some strange object on my 13 B-day in 1970 at first from out back Window looking out towards the desert in Mesa. It was like a 15 ft? round ball hovering 100+ yards from our house dripping molten metal and glowing from heat before taking off straight up. The next day we found some dead plants and strange silver looking gook on the ground and called the Williams AFB who sent 2 people out who told us it was just a helicopter testing .....they took out photo's and we never got them back.....my mother asked about the 2 guys that came out a month later and said nobody was listed there by those names at the base.....

One thing is probably pretty certain as far as a national or world security threat. If beings are visiting the earth from other worlds or galaxies, or maybe other dimensions, their technology is so much greater than ours that they could likely wipe every living thing out on our planet within a few seconds if they chose to do so, and we could do nothing to stop them.

One thing is probably pretty certain as far as a national or world security threat. If beings are visiting the earth from other worlds or galaxies, or maybe other dimensions, their technology is so much greater than ours that they could likely wipe every living thing out on our planet within a few seconds if they chose to do so, and we could do nothing to stop them.
Technically humans could wipe out every living thing on our planet if we went crazy enough. The Fermi paradox seems to be intact and we don't really have enough data to solve the Drake equation, too many unknowns.

I wouldn't worry too much about other dimensions though, those get talked about when you get into string theory.

They could be a threat just like an asteroid hitting the earth. Only with asteroids, there's some known probabilities of them hitting the earth and known amounts that have yet to be discovered so when you do the math, it's just highly unlikely. In terms of UFOs being a threat you can quantize, that probably requires solving the Drake equation and there's not enough data for that yet.

For anyone interested in UFO sightings and such I recommend a book titled Incident at Exeter first published in 1966 by Robert Fuller . Mr. Fuller was a northeast based journalist who investigated a wave of UFO sightings over several months in the mid 1960's in the Exeter NH area. Nearby Pease AFB was very active at the time and home to SAC bombers. Mr. Fuller interviewed dozens of witnesses from all walks of life (police, housewives, high school students, businessmen, etc.) and many of these interviews were recorded on audio. It is a good easy read and not filled with a bunch of technical info that might bore some readers. It really makes you think about the possibility that UFO's, (not the hubcap/pie plate thrown into the air type) likely really exist. Remember too, that this is before the days that you could buy a decent hobby type drone from a store or online vendor for not too much money.

That is true, unless they follow their own version of the Prime Directive. ;)

New Yorker radio hour had a no nonsense piece on what is common referred to as UFOs.

It has been a topic posted once in a while on here so I'd thought I'd provide a link.

Worth a listen; I'm sure buster has already heard it.....

-T
In 1970 I was in 4th grade. My teacher brought to class a weird looking device about the size of a shoebox that a neighbor of hers found in one of his farm fields. It was a weather monitoring instrument called a radiosonde that was routinely carried aloft by weather balloons during that era to gather data for the U. S. Weather Service. I remember that it had written instructions on it that directed the finder to take it to the nearest Post Office for shipment back to the U. S. Weather Service office

I've been following Lou Elizondo, Leslie Kean and Christopher Mellon lately. And Mick West for a skeptic/contrarian view point. Whatever these things that keep observing the Navy, and dismantling our nukes, it's a national security concern for sure. I don't think all of these incidents are drones or terrestrial. 98% likely are though. The good thing is this topic is no longer being ignored and people are finally taking it seriously. Exciting times for UFO folks. :ROFLMAO:

Lou Elizondo seems credible to me. Who knows what is really going on out there? Not me.

Love me some Karen Carpenter, though...

The visations are the message! They don't wish contact with population, but abhor our nukes. Our technology has exceeded our humanity? They probably eating popcorn when they observe us. All speculation. Just a moment of thought!

I've heard a few credible people that served in government at high levels talk about the fact that there are aliens in contact with us.
Could this latest up coming report start us on the road to when the government admits aliens are here so as to soften the news a bit?
Theres someone out there some where.
Probably millions of planets with intelligent beings.

I've heard a few credible people that served in government at high levels talk about the fact that there are aliens in contact with us.
Could this latest up coming report start us on the road to when the government admits aliens are here so as to soften the news a bit?
Theres someone out there some where.
Probably millions of planets with intelligent beings.
With over 2 trillion galaxies in the known universe and maybe 1000 cubed of that in the unobservable flat universe, there probably is. However the speed of light is a problem and there's really no known theory that can get around it. So even if there's intelligent life in the closest galaxy Andromeda which is just 2.5 million light years away, it would take them a long while to get here. And if they showed up 2.5 million years ago or 2.5 million years from now, things would be completely different. In addition to needing a star in the main sequence which is stable and doesn't flare off and sterilize any life, we're also the results of neutron star collisions which make up the heavier elements in the universe. Our sun is also a 3rd generation sun and you may need that before you get any life. We may just be first. Freeman Dyson also theorized that advanced civilizations would build Dyson spheres or swarms and so far we've seen no evidence of any of that in the universe.

Back