New truck!

Congratulations. My first new truck was the Colorado's predecessor. It was a 1993 S-10 single cab short bed 4x4 in Forest Green with a charcoal interior. I loved that truck and I was 26 at the time. I kept it for five years but ended up outgrowing it after we had two kids during those years.

I ended up trading it in on the 1998 extended cab 4x4 Fullsize Chevy truck that I still own.

Glad this thread popped back up. I read the sticker.

Why wouldn't this truck come with a hood insulator?

I assume that's the "fiberglass pad" against the hood's interior. Don't tell me GM made stronger paint for hoods (Ha-Ha)

Also, since this is your first RWD truck - the rear end likes to slide super easily on wet roads if the bed is empty. Don't ask me how I know this...
hahaha always. Doesn't even matter what tires you have on. It's inevitable.

Beautiful truck. I’m a low option guy too. Heated seats might be nice in your locale. When I was in MD, a buddy of mine in a 2wd Tacoma would put a couple hundred pounds of mulch in his bed when it got cold. Rain and ice would settle in it and raise the weight a bit more. That gave him all the winter traction he needed, and in the spring he’d put the mulch in his lawn. 2wd did him just fine.

Last winter was my first winter with my RWD grand marquis. Everyone said how awful it would be in the snow. Some weight in the back and good snow tires and I was quite impressed with how well it did. In fact, going down the highway in the heavy snow, I think it did better than my old Forester due to how much heavier it is .

We've been buying Colorados these past few years for our field service guys..... We're probably up to about ten of them. The guys like them.

I haven't gotten a chance to drive one yet; maybe next year!

Last winter was my first winter with my RWD grand marquis. Everyone said how awful it would be in the snow. Some weight in the back and good snow tires and I was quite impressed with how well it did. In fact, going down the highway in the heavy snow, I think it did better than my old Forester due to how much heavier it is .
Put snow tires on that Forester and it will blow away that Grand Margui in the snow.

Long wheel base + RWD = awful in wet/snow conditions unless weight is put in back and snow tires used.

I've never had a truck that didn't slip in the rear with just a little gas.

Put snow tires on that Forester and it will blow away that Grand Margui in the snow.

Long wheel base + RWD = awful in wet/snow conditions unless weight is put in back and snow tires used.

I've never had a truck that didn't slip in the rear with just a little gas.

That's what surprised me. The same set of snow tires came off my Forester (sumitomo ice edge, 215/70-16) and went on the Grand Marquis. I think the Forester was so light that at highway speeds, hitting snow and slush would cause it to lift. But with 240 pounds in the trunk of the Grand Marquis, an anemic 170 horsepower v8 and ridiculous fuel economy gearing, there's just not enough power to spin the rear.

I'm sure if we're talking on all seasons only, the Subaru would do better. Or driving up unplowed roads. The ground clearance and AWD would go much further. But for daily driving , the Grand Marquis did quite well!

Back