New truck!

beautiful truck...enjoy and nice to hear the feedback on the 2.5 and 2WD...for me if not 4WD that LSD makes all the difference...when I had my two 4WD vehicles, even in ChicagoLand winters I mostly drove it is 2WD but both had the limited slip...every one I see 'round here in 2WD has now LSD...

enjoy and nice to read someone bought a new vehicle without dealer and fake mark ups...

Bill

I plan to call Line-X on Monday to schedule a time to drop the truck off. I plan to have them remove
The caps on the bed sides (picture attached), spray the bed, and reinstall them. What about the access panel at the end of the tailgate? Should I have them remove the screws before spraying, so I have access to remove the panel?
87105CB9-0A28-4495-86BA-8F9A4E551599.jpeg
9B025A9F-01EC-4A7F-96CA-24630E78B0A7.jpeg

With the options it came out to $32,690. I got $1,250 in rebates. So $31,440 before trade in. I traded my long paid off 2013 (bought new) CRV with 121k miles on it and they gave me $10k. They did not do any dealer markups.
so actually '21, $' w/trade in, pretty good.
not sure available but I'd go 2 dor, no posi, higher rear gear, auto and long bed (it IS a street truck so more versitle, also I drive solo). Have fun, B safe AND productive~

I plan to call Line-X on Monday to schedule a time to drop the truck off. I plan to have them remove
The caps on the bed sides (picture attached), spray the bed, and reinstall them. What about the access panel at the end of the tailgate? Should I have them remove the screws before spraying, so I have access to remove the panel?
Normal procedure is to spray under those caps. Those caps can break fairly easily during removal.

Get the Line-X premium, the regular fades very quickly.

Also, since this is your first RWD truck - the rear end likes to slide super easily on wet roads if the bed is empty. Don't ask me how I know this...
Have you driven this generation Chevy Colorado? I have, these aren’t like the Ford Ranger from yesteryear that would fish tail in dry weather, or skid under hard braking.

I’ve had probably had 8-10 rentals that were either a Colorado or Canyon and never once had a skid or sliding situation. Snowy situations would be different, and generally yes something heavy in the bed would help with traction. With the G80 locking diff he should be fine in most situations unloaded.

Back