New tool thread

Also got a multimeter. I’ve been wanting one and they were on sale so I went ahead and got one. He had some more digital type ones but I haven’t ever used one like that so while I’m still a rookie at electrical stuff I chose to get this one and the guy who I do a lot of electrical stuff with has the same one so he is going to help me out with it as I’m learning more electrical as it’s the one area I am working on improving.

I have the same one....Bought from a pawn shop. Decent enough & works well. Never cared for the Leads that come with DVOM's....So I make my own.
Also have a Blue Point branded Fluke, Also bought at a pawn shop......It's handy at times to have 2 DVOM's.

Buy some extra fuses cause I guarantee you'll pop a couple learning parasitic draw testing!

cVTwgxj.jpg

dc2WtRg.jpg

I had this on a wish list for a while and when I saw it for $145 this morning I grabbed it. In the not so distant future we'll be moving and I plan on doing a few projects which this will come in handy.

51vzCSZoOWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Makita AN924 21º Full Round Head 3-1/2" Framing Nailer.

I had this on a wish list for a while and when I saw it for $145 this morning I grabbed it. In the not so distant future we'll be moving and I plan on doing a few projects which this will come in handy.

51vzCSZoOWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Makita AN924 21º Full Round Head 3-1/2" Framing Nailer.
It shows up 149 for me but still a better deal that the cheapie harbor freight one and cheaper than harbor freights premium one.

Yes sir, I bought one a dozen years ago to change a failed oil pressure sensor. Hasn't been needed since and may never be needed again, but it was well worth the money at the time!
That is the most common size wrench and socket I use. 5/8” B7 studs use 2H nuts that are 1-1/16 on pipe flanges.

A74724CB-7C2A-427D-AF6F-0272E8C6659A.jpeg
6129C85B-9021-49A4-B648-082EA748CD7F.jpeg
9EBAE6B3-DCCB-47F8-8510-361A8CF8BFB3.jpeg

Some new tools today. Went to HF originally to get the Icon pliers wrench but of course sold out. Wanted the parrot jaw pliers but really just can’t see a use for them in automotive so I might buy them next week if available as they had one pair. Had to do some electrical work on pops truck today told him I would as long as I didn’t miss the HF sale LOL. Got two tarps and funnel set as well for freebies. The trick is do separate transactions. So to begin my haul got some Doyle wire strippers because I’ve never owned a good set of wire strippers these are better than the ones I have but not the best out there. The needle nose vise grips work awesome for crimping some of the larger circumference connectors like what I was using and I didn’t have any at home so I bought these I’ve been impressed with my other Bremen vise grips so these are just fine. Then two more boxes of gloves. I bought 4 boxes of the 5mil last time and they just aren’t what they used to be they are even a different color blue now slightly. They are noticeably weaker too. I will keep them but limit them to oil changes and other light stuff. So I decided to get the 7 and 9 mil. The 9 mil were $1 cheaper than the 7 with my ITC and the 7 were the same price as the 5 mil so I bought them. The 7 mil and 9 mil as long as not too dirty can be used a few times before throwing out. Oh yeah and got some razor blades at Ace Hardware because it’s down the road from pops truck and we forgot he was out of blades in his truck and needed some to touch up some of the stripped wire. But since I paid for them they are going in my tools lol 😂.

Expect to see more tools posted this week too as I have several (mostly broken) Snap-on things coming from eBay that I’ll be getting warranty on.

08DA3E0E-36E2-49AA-A608-DB27AD12DBA2.jpeg
A8F25D19-56A4-419E-BBA6-2C55E0A63C47.jpeg

Some new to me tools haha. Top three are Snap-on. Didn’t have any decent stubby screwdrivers so I found some on eBay with a cotter pin puller for a good price. Black isn’t my first color choice but it’ll do. Bottom three had a forum member on another forum send me some sockets I showed interest in. The middle 14mm 6 point is the same series as the one I split on a Subaru drain plug so I was happy to have another matching one. Not sure what year that series was made but I like it.

View attachment 95223View attachment 95224
Some new to me tools haha. Top three are Snap-on. Didn’t have any decent stubby screwdrivers so I found some on eBay with a cotter pin puller for a good price. Black isn’t my first color choice but it’ll do. Bottom three had a forum member on another forum send me some sockets I showed interest in. The middle 14mm 6 point is the same series as the one I split on a Subaru drain plug so I was happy to have another matching one. Not sure what year that series was made but I like it.
Is the tip of the snapon one on the left stick out straight or is it hooked? Dad has the snap on radiator hose one and one that is hooked slightly but I never knew what it was for.

Is the tip of the snapon one on the left stick out straight or is it hooked? Dad has the snap on radiator hose one and one that is hooked slightly but I never knew what it was for.
It is slightly bent/hooked. The radiator picks are generally longer in length. Probably could be used as a radiator pick.

I have the same one....Bought from a pawn shop. Decent enough & works well. Never cared for the Leads that come with DVOM's....So I make my own.
Also have a Blue Point branded Fluke, Also bought at a pawn shop......It's handy at times to have 2 DVOM's.

Buy some extra fuses cause I guarantee you'll pop a couple learning parasitic draw testing!

cVTwgxj.jpg

dc2WtRg.jpg
That terminal test kit from AESWave is the bomb. I have it and it comes in handy when trying to do electrical work. Those Lisle relay adapters are also nice. I've used them several times recently.

That terminal test kit from AESWave is the bomb. I have it and it comes in handy when trying to do electrical work. Those Lisle relay adapters are also nice. I've used them several times recently.
More things I gotta buy now. Thanks a lot..... ;)

Reactions: wtd
B488DF55-BBAF-42F6-8D14-7E93A89E55E0.jpeg
237B94DB-0D43-4725-932C-81D0BE32F52C.jpeg
449618B3-F037-4338-8DB8-FDEFBE666192.jpeg

Snap-on Thursday today folks. My favorite day of the week besides Friday lol. 4 pairs of socks. Two for me and two for the brother in law who loves the socks just like I do. Got a shirt too for free well at least they make you think it’s free lol 😂. And then 4 pairs of pliers. Probably didn’t need two of them but things happen lol. Flank drive slip joints. Really cool actually they can take bolts off. Regular slip joints as that’s another pair of pliers that I haven’t ever had a nice pair of. I bought the new needle nose ones too and they had some free cheaper feeling socks with them lol. I can’t remember what the name is but my neighbor showed me them originally and I wanted a set ever since. Unfortunately they don’t have orange yet 🙁but that’s ok red is the next best I guess. Then a pair of flush cutters. Went on there intending to order the big set of snap ring pliers but totally forgot lol. I was excited for these plus my apprentice was there with me he bought a really nice dark titanium 1/2 air impact. It’s a heavy beast but it zips them off way faster than his Earthquake one. He and I both forgot to get more pocket screwdrivers lol.

View attachment 95470View attachment 95471View attachment 95472
Snap-on Thursday today folks. My favorite day of the week besides Friday lol. 4 pairs of socks. Two for me and two for the brother in law who loves the socks just like I do. Got a shirt too for free well at least they make you think it’s free lol 😂. And then 4 pairs of pliers. Probably didn’t need two of them but things happen lol. Flank drive slip joints. Really cool actually they can take bolts off. Regular slip joints as that’s another pair of pliers that I haven’t ever had a nice pair of. I bought the new needle nose ones too and they had some free cheaper feeling socks with them lol. I can’t remember what the name is but my neighbor showed me them originally and I wanted a set ever since. Unfortunately they don’t have orange yet 🙁but that’s ok red is the next best I guess. Then a pair of flush cutters. Went on there intending to order the big set of snap ring pliers but totally forgot lol. I was excited for these plus my apprentice was there with me he bought a really nice dark titanium 1/2 air impact. It’s a heavy beast but it zips them off way faster than his Earthquake one. He and I both forgot to get more pocket screwdrivers lol.
When will it end????
For a bloke not made of money you are living very large.....

When will it end????
For a bloke not made of money you are living very large.....
I actually owe less than I did when I walked in the truck today lol. My goal is to keep the balance lower each visit than what I started with. Eventually will pay it off but that’s not easy when you are a mechanic like me and love tools.

Back