New tool thread

You and The Critic have the RBRT (Rounded Bolt Removal Technology) sockets, I notice.

What's not clear to me is if they prevent rounding out on an intact, undamaged fastener head. Will they eventually make the standard hex bits obsolete?
Mac Tools says to use the RBRT in place of regular bit sockets in order to prevent rounding. There are a number of youtube videos out there with a Mac/SBD engineer with this info. Facom (also part of Stanley Black Decker) refers to the sockets as extractors.

i have a set each of the hex (Proto and Mac) and torx (Mac) bits, and they work really well. However, good quality bit sockets such as Proto standard, SK, and Hazet also work well if the fit is good.

You and The Critic have the RBRT (Rounded Bolt Removal Technology) sockets, I notice.

What's not clear to me is if they prevent rounding out on an intact, undamaged fastener head. Will they eventually make the standard hex bits obsolete?

E4B4256F-F28C-4BEA-93F4-CD8125D0F023.jpeg

That’s the profile. I’d assume that if the flats align, minimal damage would be done.

It’s been a good week. Love the Wright wrenches, got a second set that is matte, as I think I prefer that over polished chrome. These will go to my other garage.

4EF1216F-A251-4C6B-9AA9-3116E159F734.jpeg

Also wanted a set of deep sockets for my other garage, so bought the USA made Williams ones. 6-25mm no skips.

Unfortunately they forgot to include the 21mm! (Edit: 21mm is NOT included)

4460BC14-9B68-4B3A-B889-52837BB130D4.jpeg
E94CD4F9-320B-47C3-87E4-E685AA2E91EA.jpeg
7BCADA85-7B7E-441F-9B6E-3CE0F14ACE6D.jpeg

Last edited:
2308EFE1-0E66-4865-BA9D-019E58715341.jpeg
FE7D1826-8873-4932-A757-FFBF6AC43F64.jpeg

Does this count as new? It’s new to me. Ford wrench model M-40-17017. I read online it was for head bolts and spark plugs on old Model T and Model A Ford. It’s probably close to 100 years old if I had to guess but not sure. Dad bought me this at the antique mall in a town we were visiting today they had tons of these, I mean tons many different sizes and stuff too. Couldn’t afford them all which is understandable he also bought me two new license plates for my collection as well both are from North Carolina but those aren’t tools so I didn’t post a picture of them here but I did in the random picture thread if you are interested in seeing those 🙂.

It’s been a good week. Love the Wright wrenches, got a second set that is matte, as I think I prefer that over polished chrome. These will go to my other garage.

View attachment 53641

Also wanted a set of deep sockets for my other garage, so bought the USA made Williams ones. 6-25mm no skips.

Unfortunately they forgot to include the 21mm!

View attachment 53642View attachment 53643View attachment 53644
Nice haul!

I believe that Williams set does not include the 21mm socket on purpose. Its not listed in the catalog either. Odd they make 20mm socket and not a 21mm.

Haven't used it enough to form an opinion, It did prime easily with the new cartridge though. I've had great luck with my "TTI" Milwaukee 12V & 18V tools in general.

If you don't have other Milwaukee 18V tools.....A grease gun is a odd place to start.

Yeah I don’t have any Milwaukee stuff at all. The one I had was a brand named Legacy the model was called Flexzilla it’s a pretty well known brand but when I called them they told me oh yeah that’s a common problem we’ve had with these but you bought it just over 6 months ago so we can’t do anything about it we hope you will buy more products from us. So I’m looking to find a different company to go with I don’t want the release to keep getting stuck. Having to use a manual grease gun after having a cordless one really sucks. Most of my cordless stuff is Earthquake and Porter Cable which I don’t believe offer a cordless grease gun.

I hope the Mid-Torque 3/8" will augment my Stubby M12 & Snap-on 14.4v CT761. Guess it would be my High-Torque 3/8" drive :rolleyes:......No way I'm beating on my 3/8" drive tools with more.

CUbc1LN.jpg
Ive found the stubby to be very handy, but too weak to count on for corroded fasteners or lugs. The mid torque should be very practical...

View attachment 53641

Unfortunately they forgot to include the 21mm! (Edit: 21mm is NOT included)

View attachment 53642View attachment 53643View attachment 53644
Thats the reason I didn't order that one. It was double the price of the set that goes up to 19mm. I would have bought it anyway but I wanted 21 mm.

Back