New tool thread

Ive found the stubby to be very handy, but too weak to count on for corroded fasteners or lugs. The mid torque should be very practical...

I've worked the 1/2" Mid-Torque A LOT......It's now my go-to 1/2" gun!!

Trying to ween myself off the 3/8" Snap-on CT761 has been difficult. Thinking a Compact 3.0Ah battery for the M18 Mid-Torque 3/8" drive would help the weight & my desire to use it more??

As much as I like the Snap-on 14.4V line.....$100 for a 2Ah battery with a 1 year warranty isn't cutting it!!

Reactions: JC1
The mid torque is great (I use Makita), I use it more than any other gun. I still use air for bigger stuff and a Hazet air stubby for really tight places, the little bugger is a real beast.
+1 $100 for a 2A battery with a 1 year warranty is a bit steep.

First Tekton ratchet, 3/8, $19.02 plus tax thru WM. I know HF sells them too, but needed to get free shipping on some household items fast, so added this. Very pleased with first look at it, looks robust and well made. Taiwan. View attachment 54940View attachment 54941View attachment 54942I don’t know how the handle will stand up, but will see.
I have the HF version of these in 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4. They are now my go-to ratchets for most things. Lots of use and the handles are holding up well.

BTW I found that the swivel setting was a little loose at first, so I set the screw a little tighter and they are perfect.

Reactions: JC1
I have the HF version of these in 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4. They are now my go-to ratchets for most things. Lots of use and the handles are holding up well.

BTW I found that the swivel setting was a little loose at first, so I set the screw a little tighter and they are perfect.
I always thought they would be hokey just looking them. I guess I am a few years behind on it. They are very nice ratchets, wish I would have just bought the set of them and forgot about a lot of the rest I bought. Not made in PRC too. Although I like to collect tools I guess.
The way the pins drive on the diameter of the head is quite a bit different than a flex joint back on the handle.

I just opened my wallet for new tools. Williams 1/4” set, two 3/8” ratchets and one 1/2” ratchet. Really nice.

Attachments

• 5A272638-6867-4791-A4BA-DD1810A60BFB.jpeg
    5A272638-6867-4791-A4BA-DD1810A60BFB.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 28
After a few years of saving I went for it.... New "Tool" :) 2021 John Deere 2038R with loader and 270B Backhoe.

I wasn't going to get the backhoe but then I starting thinking and well...I don't think anybody has ever said "you know what was a dumb idea, buying that backhoe"...ever...So I just went for it. 4.4 engine hours in and I'g glad I did...plus my L5 is thanking me! haha

View attachment 54909

The backhoe comes in about 2min...

View attachment 54910

Happy for you! Darn, why didn‘t I think of this?! My L5-S1 before fusion shown. 🙂

Attachments

• 12EC6AE4-B636-4346-B0F7-6FEED996EA7F.jpeg
    12EC6AE4-B636-4346-B0F7-6FEED996EA7F.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 21
I always thought they would be hokey just looking them. I guess I am a few years behind on it. They are very nice ratchets, wish I would have just bought the set of them and forgot about a lot of the rest I bought. Not made in PRC too. Although I like to collect tools I guess.
The way the pins drive on the diameter of the head is quite a bit different than a flex joint back on the handle.
They are probably the best thing to come out of HF...especially at that price point. I was somewhat surprised to find that I like the 1/4" Pittsburgh better than the 1/4" swivel Snap On o_O. It just feels better in the hand. Of course, I don't expect it to last forever...but I am not a pro so it should last long enough..

Last edited:
I broke some Facom ratchets, but that's it. My chinese ratchets seem to last forever, and I prefer them in use. Except for 1 that came in a 100 tool combo set, that one will be used with a pipe as a breaker bar.

Purchased a OTC CAN BUS break-out box to help review the CAN-BUS on a prior flooded car.
national tool warehouse has it for $203 with free shipping, Amazon $238.

Lisle quick change electric terminal tool set. Went with the Lisle as the reviews on the generic tools seemed to have a pattern if the metal being flimsy.
PXL_20210424_135148465.jpg
PXL_20210421_231230708.jpg

The terminal set is lacking a some of the very common twin flat blades found on Euro cars. That is more for GM and Ford.
Thanks for letting me know...... Thought going with Lisle was going to be a win, guess not.

Lisle for the most part doesn't make bad stuff, its just there are so many types of connector terminals. Something like this will work for you, yes its a crap set like all of them in this price class but with a little fiddling you can get them to work okay.

Once you know the one(s) that do the job you can upgrade to something really good. you do not want to buy a 23 piece set of these. LOL
I have 4 or 5 that I use most. this is just an example, there are many. Yes they are worth every penny.

Reactions: GON
image.jpgimage.jpg
This is a screwdriver a relative handed me when I was needing one at her place. I thought it must be a bargain bin item. I saw it was an old Plomb, and must have been mine as I am the only one bringing tools there. I looked up the number on the handle and Urrea makes a very similar screwdriver. I think they were Proto, which was Plomb many years ago, and still makes tools today that look like Proto. Here is a small set at HD. https://www.homedepot.com/p/URREA-Amber-Phillips-Screwdriver-Set-6-Piece-9600A/202797773

So this is a new tool to me even if it was mine to begin with. Urrea is sort of interesting, they claim USA steel and are made in Mexico. Not sure the screwdrivers are.

Purchased a OTC CAN BUS break-out box to help review the CAN-BUS on a prior flooded car.

Lisle quick change electric terminal tool set. Went with the Lisle as the reviews on the generic tools seemed to have a pattern if the metal being flimsy.
View attachment 55175View attachment 55176
I almost bought that breakout box but ended up getting the AESwave one. That OTC box is nice and has the LED lights on all 16 ports unlike the AESwave one.

View attachment 55175View attachment 55176

Where did you get this Lisle kit? How much was it?

C13473DD-D748-45FB-B1AF-0452732FFDD7.jpeg
6FAEA94A-81E7-4F73-A816-41340216DF04.jpeg

*New to me tools* got them for my birthday back on the 23rd. This is a 1941 Snap-on socket.
28E265C7-EBFC-4D31-9E33-555AA074F6BF.jpeg
19773196-D797-4671-BC0E-B2592AAB406C.jpeg

Got these at an Estate Sale yesterday. Lots of wartime goodies in here that’s where the Snap-on came from too. There was a few wartime in the pawn shop haul too.

Back