New tool thread

3D363311-0771-4009-A5D1-B298CAF9E112.jpeg
F80C6059-8F28-46B8-8FCB-F45D5BB92D17.jpeg
638DCFEE-BB98-4E87-AA81-912E36DBD72E.jpeg
2324114D-EC32-49CB-8E14-8FA40D8D4B2B.jpeg
1A6520C8-7C1F-43DB-B8D1-AAEC117BDB45.jpeg

Rural King haul. Someone said this brake tool was pretty good so hopefully it is. I’ve been doing this for a few years now and am just now buying brake tools because I wanted more tools lol 😂. Normally just use big Channellocks or c-clamp. Then got another Milton tread depth gauge because I dropped mine somewhere in my dads car and I can’t find it lol 😂. It got knocked off the center console lid and I haven’t seen it since. Got some tire chalk to have at work or home haven’t decided yet to mark tires if you get something in them. Work provides it but like a lot of other things is we are out of it. Then got a big can of WD40 because I’m out of that at the house and the big can was only $1 more than the smaller one. Another full size bar of Lava for home because you gotta have that. And Loctite anti seize. That’s going to work as I have tons at home but we are out at work because people grab it and stash it in their boxes and it’s another thing we can’t get so I’m having to bring my own. Went to Advance Auto earlier today and they didn’t have any either so I figured I better get it while I can. And I use it on literally everything just about so I definitely will get my moneys worth out of it. At least mine will be different from everyone else’s because they all have Permatex. Then some various impact sockets to fill in the set in my cart. Don’t need to spend big money on those sizes as I don’t really need them working on Subaru but do work on other stuff occasionally that may require them.

I grabbed these a while back on the cheap at Ebay. My son was home visiting and we were talking cars etc. He expressed an interest in having some tools, nothing crazy. I went on Ebay and I got what I felt was a great price on these three Blackhawk ratchets to bring to him when I visit along with some other tools. What surprised me was the size of the ratchet heads. I must say they're decent tools for the money.

zz.jpg

I grabbed these a while back on the cheap at Ebay. My son was home visiting and we were talking cars etc. He expressed an interest in having some tools, nothing crazy. I went on Ebay and I got what I felt was a great price on these three Blackhawk ratchets to bring to him when I visit along with some other tools. What surprised me was the size of the ratchet heads. I must say they're decent tools for the money.

View attachment 90563
Looks a lot like many of the Tone offerings.

View attachment 90554View attachment 90555View attachment 90556View attachment 90557View attachment 90558
Rural King haul. Someone said this brake tool was pretty good so hopefully it is. I’ve been doing this for a few years now and am just now buying brake tools because I wanted more tools lol 😂. Normally just use big Channellocks or c-clamp. Then got another Milton tread depth gauge because I dropped mine somewhere in my dads car and I can’t find it lol 😂. It got knocked off the center console lid and I haven’t seen it since. Got some tire chalk to have at work or home haven’t decided yet to mark tires if you get something in them. Work provides it but like a lot of other things is we are out of it. Then got a big can of WD40 because I’m out of that at the house and the big can was only $1 more than the smaller one. Another full size bar of Lava for home because you gotta have that. And Loctite anti seize. That’s going to work as I have tons at home but we are out at work because people grab it and stash it in their boxes and it’s another thing we can’t get so I’m having to bring my own. Went to Advance Auto earlier today and they didn’t have any either so I figured I better get it while I can. And I use it on literally everything just about so I definitely will get my moneys worth out of it. At least mine will be different from everyone else’s because they all have Permatex. Then some various impact sockets to fill in the set in my cart. Don’t need to spend big money on those sizes as I don’t really need them working on Subaru but do work on other stuff occasionally that may require them.
The rich get richer..

I picked up these vintage Craftsman tools this morning at a local pawn shop for $5.00 each. They were laying in a basket with a bunch of cheapo ratchets and sockets.
The ratchet is similar to one that I have that belonged to my Wife’s Grandfather except this one has the quick release button. The ratcheting action is still great on this one as well and the breaker bar is in great shape.
With just a little cleaning, they’re looking good.
I like these vintage Craftsman tools, the new stuff just doesn’t come close to being as well made.
View attachment 90453View attachment 90456View attachment 90454View attachment 90455
I have a "Flying V" 1/2 inch that needs a little love... Cleaning and lube should do the trick. I love old tools.

Milwaukee 3/8” drive 12” ratchet

Great feel in the hand, heavy, low back drag. Good intermediate size between the 8-9” and 18” handles.

$56 delivered from Home Depot. This will serve me well.

Attachments

• 255DB32F-5182-4BD6-BEF8-15344C386281.jpeg
    255DB32F-5182-4BD6-BEF8-15344C386281.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 14
  • A6506BDE-5291-4163-8B2B-703A1189D55B.jpeg
    A6506BDE-5291-4163-8B2B-703A1189D55B.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 14
6121E31D-C9DA-4CE1-81E0-5566D9869448.jpeg
C13283BE-0DFE-46E1-97D4-FB31A3E92F1F.jpeg
18172BFE-C499-4385-A4F2-C7FFD818305C.jpeg
989A87A2-6603-47B5-BCFB-39F9F8F30BD0.jpeg
6392AD41-F7F8-4AF6-AFF3-999FFB6ECED9.jpeg
D99DEF45-46BD-4EDD-B8B8-D44CD431E96C.jpeg

Snap-on Tuesday. He didn’t stop by my part but I drove the golf cart over there because I was excited my ratchet finally came in after 5 months of waiting on it. It’s a pearl blue extra long 3/8. Then had to get my monthly or weekly I should say pocket screwdriver fix. Still trying to get some orange and green ones out of him lol 😂. Then got a spark plug/ramp gauge. 4oz ball peen. Very handy when needed. I personally like it for forming gaskets when you need to remove the extra material hitting around the edges with it to remove it. Subaru brake caliper bolt tool for the ones in hard to get to places on the rear. And an impact swivel set. They were on sale this month.

How long is that ratchet? 24 inches ? 😲

P.S. Whats the story on your "Frankenstein" 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle with 1971 Body ?
Yes I would guess close to 24 inches. Haven’t measured it yet.

And the beetle I bought in 2019 from my automotive teacher. The body was switched to a 1973 pan sometime in the mid to late 90s before he bought it by the original owner as the original pan had rusted out and was too far gone to save in his opinion so he went to a boneyard and found a donor beetle to take the pan off of. I didn’t know that till I talked to the original owner after buying it. He said him and his sons did it in about a week working evenings on it. Since it’s a 1973 pan the vin was converted over to this body making it a 1973 though you have to buy parts for the 1971 unless it’s something that goes on the pan. I like to consider it a 1971 though it’s registered and titled a 1973. Frankenstein Frankenbug and a half lol.

50B75225-76B6-4727-B04E-F70335BBBDA7.jpeg
48FBEBA5-0CF0-4650-BCD1-DA5B17F3A238.jpeg
19B710E7-C46E-424D-88DE-64490EA4BAD1.jpeg
FA4D53A6-9D9B-40EE-B224-BBB3A68E3B8C.jpeg
7EF7E956-2435-4BDA-B7BE-0A2F9A3AF092.jpeg

Good thing I have honest neighbors. Lol. New UPS guy dropped my stuff at their house lol. All showed up today. Lang 277 ratcheting caliper compressor. Personally it’s my favorite type and I wanted the Lang to make sure I was getting a quality one. Also two eBay hammers a Blue Point 12oz and a True Temper 16oz. Ordered 10 hammers total rest will be delivered over the next week or so. I collect vintage hammers, previously I only had two in my collection so I’m happy to add these though I am tempted to use the 12oz at work as I don’t have that size yet which is why I bought it. Also bought a 20oz Blue Point as well because I didn’t have it. 10 hammers and $111 later lol. Shipping on eBay is what kills it. I got the funniest look from my parents ever lol they said so you bought used hammers on eBay? I said yeah why. They are like that’s kind of strange to buy a hammer on eBay I said well I got 8 more coming so nothing strange here.

Whats the deal with all the pocket screwdrivers? 🦾🪛
Very handy. Probably one of the most valuable tools in the box because it seems you use it for everything. I collect them haha. I’ve got tons in my box and cart. I carry one in my pocket all day. Plus they run off or you lose them so you need extras.

1A136270-8E13-4BD2-867E-46A2A6FF1334.jpeg
DFB66C0A-4F69-4BFF-BE69-B2AFE4E5206A.jpeg

Snap-on comfort grip pick set. From eBay. I like this handle I was going to buy a hard handle set but found a really good deal on these because they are pretty much new. Let’s just say I got yelled at by some people for paying $50 for them but a lot of it was shipping and in my opinion it’s a good deal because it’s still cheaper than the truck, I can get them warrantied if needed and this handle is discontinued so it’s kind of cool anyway. I wanted to upgrade from my Icon set they are nice but just don’t stand up well especially the 90 degree pick which I’ve had to bend back into place several times. I will keep the Icon set in the box and these will be my everyday in the cart.

Also had some vintage tools from a member on another forum I’m in come in paid $35 for them it’s roughly 50 or 60 sockets and a big wrench and I think a brake spoon and extension for my P&C Tools collection. Also had 8 hammers come in today too. And yeah you can imagine they didn’t like that either and told me I’m a fool in a very loud voice lol 😂. I will post the hammers later when I can get some pictures. They are upset because I didn’t ask permission to buy anything. They came home to 6 boxes sitting there 5 of which were mine 😆.

View attachment 91241View attachment 91242
Snap-on comfort grip pick set. From eBay. I like this handle I was going to buy a hard handle set but found a really good deal on these because they are pretty much new. Let’s just say I got yelled at by some people for paying $50 for them but a lot of it was shipping and in my opinion it’s a good deal because it’s still cheaper than the truck, I can get them warrantied if needed and this handle is discontinued so it’s kind of cool anyway. I wanted to upgrade from my Icon set they are nice but just don’t stand up well especially the 90 degree pick which I’ve had to bend back into place several times. I will keep the Icon set in the box and these will be my everyday in the cart.

Also had some vintage tools from a member on another forum I’m in come in paid $35 for them it’s roughly 50 or 60 sockets and a big wrench and I think a brake spoon and extension for my P&C Tools collection. Also had 8 hammers come in today too. And yeah you can imagine they didn’t like that either and told me I’m a fool in a very loud voice lol 😂. I will post the hammers later when I can get some pictures. They are upset because I didn’t ask permission to buy anything. They came home to 6 boxes sitting there 5 of which were mine 😆.
Maybe you have one of these hammers. Made the same forever. Great to find in a junk box or something.

View attachment 90913
And an impact swivel set. They were on sale this month.

Be careful with that friction ball 3/8" impact wobble adaptor, A socket can come off there at the speed of sound & do some damage.

I don't use wobble adaptors unless I absolutely have to, Maybe time to start investing in dedicated impact wobble sockets sets.

Back