New tool thread

Can I ask where you got it and how much? Good results so far?
Amazon. $121. If you wait long enough, you might find it for a bit less.

I like it so far, but I'm not sure that it's 6x better than my old Tacklife which was 1/6th the price of the Bosch. I gave the Tacklife to the wife, and she complained that it takes her multiple tries to take a measurement. I found that you do have to be super steady with the Tacklife and it does take some time for it to perform the measurement. The Bosch one seems quicker to measure and is less finicky. Also, the green laser on the Bosch is easier to see.

Last edited:
My $1 garage sale find. Brand is OIT and made in Taiwan. Chopped the broken open end off and now have another 15/16” I can put a pipe on. Nearly all brake chamber studs on OTR trucks are 5/8” which requires this size. I have several cut down like this either because they bent/broke or I needed a special wrench.

0F148F41-AD3B-4C1B-B766-395D01275473.jpeg

9BD65878-61D2-49FB-9EF8-FFCF97C4E19B.jpeg

Don’t tell Stellantis; my Ram specifies angle torque on the front caliper bracket bolts. And they’re not reusable.
WOW ! Thanks for posting that. I won't need brakes for a while but i would not have known that. I'll have to remember that in a few years.

It will be an excuse to buy a digital angle torque wrench. Mine are clicker and a beam clicker.

My $1 garage sale find. Brand is OIT and made in Taiwan. Chopped the broken open end off and now have another 15/16” I can put a pipe on. Nearly all brake chamber studs on OTR trucks are 5/8” which requires this size. I have several cut down like this either because they bent/broke or I needed a special wrench.

View attachment 223878

View attachment 223879
Unless it is a DD3 or something special like that torch it off.

WOW ! Thanks for posting that. I won't need brakes for a while but i would not have known that. I'll have to remember that in a few years.

It will be an excuse to buy a digital angle torque wrench. Mine are clicker and a beam clicker.
Not sure about the 2500’s, but the 1500’s call for it.

Miller 6992 seal installation tool. Coulda used this recently on an NP231 rear seal.

BluePoint fuel line disco tools. I think the integrated handles might be nice for stubborn fittings (when space allows)
20240611_181202.jpg

Few new items:

Meyhew Punch/Chisel set. I really didn't need the whole set, only wanted the "starter" type punches but that set was 75% of the cost of this entire set. Can never have too many good punches.
image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Next are a couple of add on items to some bike parts I ordered.
Motion Pro Chain slack Tool, absolutely not needed, been doing it with a rule for over 20 years but it is slick and works well.
Tusk Feeler Gauge Set. Again I didn't need this at all, I have a set of Mitutoyo and a set of Starret as well as a few sets of Chinese feeler gauges. What made me spend the $10 on these is how narrow they are and they have "half thou" sizes in the range you would be checking valves in.

image003.jpg

Last edited:
Few new items:

Meyhew Punch/Chisel set. I really didn't need the whole set, only wanted the "starter" type punches but that set was 75% of the cost of this entire set. Can never have too many good punches.
View attachment 224483
View attachment 224484

Next are a couple of add on items to some bike parts I ordered.
Motion Pro Chain slack Tool, absolutely not needed, been doing it with a rule for over 20 years but it is slick and works well.
Tusk Feeler Gauge Set. Again I didn't need this at all, I have a set of Mitutoyo and a set of Starret as well as a few sets of Chinese feeler gauges. What made me spend the $10 on these is how narrow they are and they have "half thou" sizes in the range you would checking valves in.

View attachment 224499
Amen! Punches, drifts and chisels are practically consumables. Always good to have multiples

Yesterday, we started to put new shocks in my son’s truck. I didn’t have a 21mm combination wrench or 1/2” drive socket so went to HF and got him some stuff. Also got him an 18” breaker bar.
I get to the counter and the guy tells me I get 20% off today and get to pick something free off the cart over there. I look and see a pile of Pittsburgh torque wrenches and say thanks, I’m good. He says grab drill bits so I did. I’m sure they’re one use throwaways but whatever.
Respectable haul for 120 bucks.
IMG_4199.jpeg

Back