New to me Ford focus

Caravana brought me my replacement car today. It is a 17 Ford focus s 5 speed Manual. It's pretty clean. I believe this car will be a winner! I researched where it was registered which was an upper class neighborhood. It is a one owner car. I was way more picky and observant this time around when the car arrived.

Attachments

• IMG20220630175739.jpg
    IMG20220630175739.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 38
Owned a 2012 and, other than the epically disastrous DCT (Ford’s response to this pervasive issue turned me off the brand forever) and a rattling headliner, it was a really good car. Good luck with your purchase.

I liked my 2007 but it was abit basic zx3 lightest trim with 5speed manual.. no ABS.
Get get a little oh crap moment in the rain occasionally.
Drove like a golf cart on rails with the yokohama s.drive tires and dunlop m3 tires in the winter were excellent and sporty.

The 135hp wasnt bad with a manual and 2600lb car... also rated to tow 1000lb.

Owned a 2012 and, other than the epically disastrous DCT (Ford’s response to this pervasive issue turned me off the brand forever) and a rattling headliner, it was a really good car. Good luck with your purchase.

I know from dealing with commercial trucks that automated manual double-clutches just suck. I think some that have intensely changed the fluid way in excess of the recommended interval have had better luck. But that fluid isn't cheap...

I know from dealing with commercial trucks that automated manual double-clutches just suck. I think some that have intensely changed the fluid way in excess of the recommended interval have had better luck. But that fluid isn't cheap...

The Focus had a dry clutch DCT with no torques converter, which was the fundamental problem as it was simply not up to torque requirements. I now have an Acura, wet-clutch DCT with a torque converter and it’s fine.

The Focus had a dry clutch DCT with no torques converter, which was the fundamental problem as it was simply not up to torque requirements. I now have an Acura, wet-clutch DCT with a torque converter and it’s fine.
And then lots of ford dry clutches became "wet" as well, and weren't programmed very well to start... The manual is a pretty nice, with decent feel, and the gears are spaced well, except 5th could be taller.

And then lots of ford dry clutches became "wet" as well, and weren't programmed very well to start... The manual is a pretty nice, with decent feel, and the gears are spaced well, except 5th could be taller.
Enjoy that car.

Had tons of fun in my ZX3. Have driven a dozen or so vehicles on Scenic Hwy 7 in NW Arkansas. The Focus had sublime steering, minimal body roll and simply loved the Spiral downhill curve south of Ola, AR. The steering was like a Ronco Rotisserie Oven, Set it and Forget it and steer with the throttle and brakes. Just look where you wanted to go and the precise steering put you right where you needed to be. Priceless.

Enjoy that car.

Had tons of fun in my ZX3. Have driven a dozen or so vehicles on Scenic Hwy 7 in NW Arkansas. The Focus had sublime steering, minimal body roll and simply loved the Spiral downhill curve south of Ola, AR. The steering was like a Ronco Rotisserie Oven, Set it and Forget it and steer with the throttle and brakes. Just look where you wanted to go and the precise steering put you right where you needed to be. Priceless.
Yeah, the wagon version feels probably like your car with a 200lb guy in the back seat. I had some 195/55/15 sport comp2's on mine and it was very fun on a medium speed autocross course although it gets a lot of inside wheel spin without an LSD even in 50mph slaloms...
I like the 2012+ ones I've driven as well and I almost got one of those instead of another wagon, after my buddy smashed my first wagon...

Yes, oil from the lubricated parts of the gearbox had a way of escaping and contaminating the dry clutches. They were manufactured by Getrag. Or Get Rag. Get it?

Back