New Super Tech 15w-40 CK-4/SN Full Synthetic

CK-4 is supposed to be backwards compatible with older specs, but Ford officially had concerns with the reduced anti wear additives in that spec and released a list of oils they said where good enough for their diesel engines. Based in the oil analysis above, this oil has the amount of phosphorous that Ford wants, so I would use it. Since it's new, it probably isn't on Ford's list, if they are even updating it anymore.
That Ford list has several CK4s - I think they were mainly concerned about dual rated SN/CK4 ones like this Supertech.

It’s at my Carlisle Walmart and lots of it.
Assuming it is Carlisle, PA, their website has SuperTech 15W40 conventional diesel oil, just like all other WM's, unless they happen to have a bunch of the synthetic variety but are being hushed to not make it public info.

Saw 5 gallons of the synthetic on the shelf and more on top of the shelving turned around backwards at my local Wally World.

IMG_2089.jpeg

Assuming it is Carlisle, PA, their website has SuperTech 15W40 conventional diesel oil, just like all other WM's, unless they happen to have a bunch of the synthetic variety but are being hushed to not make it public info.

Obviously their store site is NOT updated then. Brother bought 3 gallons there.

My OCD made me go to the store manager and I asked him to look at the computer and tell me the WM store that had more of this. Found 9 gallons at a branch 4.5 miles from work. In the bag they went.

This oil recently started being offered at my local small WM. It's now listed for $15.84 down from $16.97. This makes it a very good bargain for FS HDEO. They're offering online pickup option.

IMG_20240619_100321.jpg

Last edited:
Back