New Samsung TV bites the dust.

So I just got a text message that said the earliest appointment to come fix my TV is a week from now
Hopefully it's a part like a power supply that they have with them and not have to order something. At least you have the warranty though but kinda stinks right around the holidays to lose your favorite TV

About a month ago I bought a 55" Samsung CU7000 from Best Buy. It had a great picture and sound but last night it turned off and wouldn't turn back on. Red power light on TV is flashing. Contacted Samsung and their steps didn't fix it so waiting on call from repair place to have them look at it.

This is the first time I can remember a TV I have owned failing so quickly.

Very disappointed!
Maybe Samsung is having a bad batch? You aren't the only one.
"
DENVER — After months of reaching out to Samsung for a fix or refund for her elderly parents' broken TV, Rachel Vasquez reached out to Denver7 Investigates.

"I wrote it all down: 14 phone calls, 292 minutes," said Vasquez of her time spent. "I felt like I had failed because I couldn't resolve this simple issue."

I'd try hard to return it and let the seller deal with the crummy product.

I know that's often not an option. But maybe there is a work-around, try the manager there and explain. Promise to purchase something better.

Last edited:
I too would work the bestbuy exchange this is bs.. you have no tv for a month+ maybe

first guy week out... orders parts
second guy 2 more weeks installs parts.. doesnt fix it
3rd guy installs more parts you are now 5weeks in.
they give up and you get a new one.

Unless its something easy such as powersupply.

Its not always the manufacturers fault. Their are a lot of junk electronic chips, etc since COVID. QA is out the windows and they are shipping anything marginal.
Not just that , Im sure they fall over and hit the ground alot during shipping . Just picture standing a nickel on it's side .

About a month ago I bought a 55" Samsung CU7000 from Best Buy. It had a great picture and sound but last night it turned off and wouldn't turn back on. Red power light on TV is flashing. Contacted Samsung and their steps didn't fix it so waiting on call from repair place to have them look at it.

Very disappointed!
Thousands upon thousands of TVs manufactured. New products have a fail rate of about 1% or so. It just sucks when it happens to you!

I ask the best buy employee was the price difference worth it between a Sony and lg/Samsung. he told me every person that is buying a tv that had a sony, they had it ten years and they're looking to upgrade. I told them load it up. buy once cry once.
My daughter has our old Sony Bravia 40” with Chromestick purchased in 2010 replaced with another Bravia 55” Oled last year, each $1000. Hope for same service, everyone thought I was nuts not spending apparently normal $500 for that size….however TV shopping is a regular thing for them..

I tried but was just outside the return/exchange window per BB.

Yes-but there is a manufacturer's warranty on even the cheapest of TVs that are 12 months. And per your last post they are going to fix it.
Do you have a spare TV?

Last edited:
I tried but was just outside the return/exchange window per BB.
Thats when you nicely ask for a manager let them demonstate their customer service skills.
They can send back broken crap. Not coming out of their or BB's pocket.

Interesting how much praise Sony is getting here I have always heard and experience it being no good. Every tech person I know puts them with JVC lol. But I’d also never buy a Samsung product either. We buy Phillips and occasionally LG and have never had a bad one.

Samsung makes good, reliable TV's . LCD's in general are reliable compared to the old CRT's . It's just like buying eggs , your gonna eventually get a broken one .

I remember when my best friend in school got a Sony WEGA...that thing was marvelous. Took Xbox and PS2 to another level.

In the last three months we've had to replace both TVs in our home. The first one was replaced with a nice Samsung 65" TV from Best Buy. Was kind of pricey so we bought the Geek Squad extended warranty. The second, a Vizio 50" TV we inherited from my MIL after she passed away, had just been purchased right before she passed in 2018. It just gave up the ghost last week. Went and bought a Samsung 55" at Walmart on sale for $298. Picture is actually better than I expected for the money. No extended warranty on this one. We'll see how long they last. Right now my only complaint with Samsung is with their customer service. The first, much more expensive TV we bought, had the remote quit working after just a month. After multiple phone calls and hours on the phone, they finally agreed to send us a new one. Took several phone calls after they agreed to replace it before it finally showed up, 34 days later. I called BB and tried to get them to help but they said since it was still under factory warranty we had to deal with Samsung.

Very disappointed!
Gone are the days when you could easily get 20+ years out of an old CRT television. The panels have a great picture with a lot of features. Sadly, longevity is not built into them.

Back