Samsung smart tv with black screen of death

Costco in my area has a Hisense 55 inch with a 3 year warranty on sale for $259 . i would toss the old one and just get a new one
Have 3 Hisense Roku TVs a 58", 55" and a 65". They are excellent. Paid $350 for the 65" in 2019. Has an outstanding picture. I did have to do a factory reset recently to clear the cache but that was a 15 minute process to reaccess my different streaming apps with sign in, etc... They are solid TVs.

Hisense and TCL are great sets if you're on a budget, Sony if you want the best.

Costco in my area has a Hisense 55 inch with a 3 year warranty on sale for $259 . i would toss the old one and just get a new one
I swung by my local Costco and they didn’t have anything on sale. Just the same pricing as what’s on their website, which I thought was a bit unfortunate. The old one is currently on its way to a landfill somewhere.

Hisense and TCL are great sets if you're on a budget, Sony if you want the best.
My parents had a couple of TCLs and neither lasted more than 4 years. Rtings had the 4 series rated in line with the Hisense A6H which is what I was leaning towards getting from Costco. I also looked at the Sony X75K too but I didn’t think the picture was a whole lot better based on what I saw in the store. The X80Ks looked very crisp but cost more than my budget.

Contenders were:
Hisense A6H and R6
TCL 4 series
Onn UHD (couldn’t find the QLED version)
Sony X75K

I ended up picking the Onn tv - the pictures didn’t seem really any different than the R6 and the TCL 4 series when I looked at them at the local WM. It comes with a 2 yr warranty and I purchased the 4 year Allstate TV warranty that WM sells for an additional $36 plus taxes.

Overall, it came out to be about $50 cheaper than Costco with an additional year of warranty on a possibly equivalent tv for my usage. We’ll see if that extended warranty comes into play…

Back