New Ruger Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Buffman
Hitzy you mean worthless as in they're already cheap to buy on your own, or do you mean worthless as in Garbage? If the second is the reasoning, Pmags are better than most all AR mags
wink.gif

Our CF boys were issued thermolds and they had major issues with heat/cold/beaking, quickly went back to metal mags. Keep in mind the thermolds were a cost saving measure at the time as well. They came pre loaded with rounds and were to be discarded when empty-not reused. I can't see any plastic mag being as durable in war as a good metal AR mag.
For range plinking if they are $5 or something, might just fit the bill. I wouldn't waste my time on them when good metal mags are available pretty cheap.

So have you USED a PMAG? Seen one?
smirk2.gif

Plenty have seen SERIOUS use in our military around the world.

There is NOT a single metal mag that can take the abuse that a PMAG can. PERIOD...

I'm taking being run over, mud, ANY temp and moisture.

I agree with one of your statements;

"For range plinking if they are $5 or something, might just fit the bill."

That is a correct statement for metal mags. I've got both and used both and there is NO QUESTION what I'd use...

Esp if my life depended on them....

Bill

PS: And I'm taking about using the PMAGs OVER and OVER.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
smirk2.gif

There is NOT a single metal mag that can take the abuse that a PMAG can. PERIOD...

That is a correct statement for metal mags. I've got both and used both and there is NO QUESTION what I'd use...

Bill

You own stock in pro-mag or something?
Nice reviews of the AR mags here http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=311061
Here is a nice quote:
Quote:

A Verb of Tucson, AZ
Date Posted: 1/30/2009Locks and feeds ok in my Bushmasters but won't hold bolt open on last round, making it like an AK. Not as well made as Thermold, poor feed lip quality. Spring is lighter and poor quality and not formed to fully support follower which will dip easily. Internal width is inconsistent so USGI green or black followers will NOT fit even when filed narrower. Only use for plinking practice or trade to enemies.

Or this gem.....:)
Quote:

Greg Hansen of Melbourne, FL
Date Posted: 11/29/2008Absolute garbage in my opinion. I bought 3 of he 30 round and 4 of the 20 round magazines. I have found none that will work with my Bushmaster. Won't feed, won't lock into magazine. Have turned my AR-15 into a 'single shot'. This is the worst magazine purchase experience I have ever endured!

Promag has had a bad rap for their metal mags, well forever. The only reason we see plastic on firearms or mags is cost savings for higher profits. You get what you pay for, and if you are happy with promag junk, stick with them.....
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
smirk2.gif

Bill

Nice reviews of the AR mags here http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=311061
Here is a nice quote:
Quote:

A Verb of Tucson, AZ
Date Posted: 1/30/2009Locks and feeds ok in my Bushmasters but won't hold bolt open on last round, making it like an AK. Not as well made as Thermold, poor feed lip quality. Spring is lighter and poor quality and not formed to fully support follower which will dip easily. Internal width is inconsistent so USGI green or black followers will NOT fit even when filed narrower. Only use for plinking practice or trade to enemies.

Or this gem.....:)
Quote:

Greg Hansen of Melbourne, FL
Date Posted: 11/29/2008Absolute garbage in my opinion. I bought 3 of he 30 round and 4 of the 20 round magazines. I have found none that will work with my Bushmaster. Won't feed, won't lock into magazine. Have turned my AR-15 into a 'single shot'. This is the worst magazine purchase experience I have ever endured!

Promag has had a bad rap for their metal mags, well forever. The only reason we see plastic on firearms or mags is cost savings for higher profits. You get what you pay for, and if you are happy with promag junk, stick with them.....
smirk2.gif

Pmag and Pro-Mag are completely different things. Pmag's are made by Magpul.

smirk2.gif

You get what you pay for?
smirk2.gif

Plastic is only for saving $$?
crackmeup2.gif

While many on this board will disagree, I call them as I see them. You rarely see me post koolaid.

Wonder why you did not quote any of the "nice" reviews for PMAGS?

Like;

Steve M of San Antonio, tx
Date Posted: 1/20/2008
Review:
Have seven of these mags as well and really find them to be a great product. These mags disassemble easily for cleaning. They load and feed smoothly, and are more magazine for the money. Why use aluminum when you can use the best? They're dead tough as well. They will also fit your MOLLE/mag pouches without any kind of problems. Buy some and you won't be sorry. In fact, you'll buy more.

Or;
Justin of Springfield, VT

Date Posted: 7/17/2008
Review:
Great mags, drop free when desired and not before. Tough, dependable, and well made. They cost the same as the USGI mags (when I bought them at least) and work better. PMags the rest of the way for me.

Or;

Charlie Bravo of San Diego, CA
Date Posted: 6/21/2007
Review:
I bought two of these mags to try out and have been impresed by the quality of construction. They really do live up to the MAGPUL description and claims. Function is flawless, no tilt or hang ups with the follower. Very smooth, nice pop off storage cover to protect feed lips on magazine. I will be ordering more of these instead of the standard aluminum.

Or;

Patrick of Wake Forest, NC

Date Posted: 12/9/2008
Review:
These P-Mags are the best. They are light weight and have rounded edges that make handling a snap. They are very durable and have fed flawlessly in my DPMS AP4. I will not ever use an aluminum magazine again. Thanks MagPul!

Guess we all own stock in them?

My bad.....was thinking PRO-MAG.....whoops.

You'll find out here at BITOG that it is easy to type something but be ready to defend the comment you typed.

We love FACTS here.
cheers3.gif

Posting what you said about plastic mags did get a response due to it being nonfactual. I've never seen a Pro-Mag so I can not comment but I've got plenty of plastic PMAGS that work wonderfully.

Much better than ANY metal mag.

Many firearms are made out of "plastic" due to it being BETTER than metals for certain apps.

I trust my life to those evil "cheap" "plastic" guns and mags.

I guess I'll get "what I payed for".
48.gif

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Pmag and Pro-Mag are completely different things. Pmag's are made by Magpul.

Well....

They both start with a "P" and are made of plastic..

Same stuff...
grin2.gif

Take care, bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back