new ruger wrangler lineup

ruger recently introduced a wide variety of barrel lengths and grip styles to its wrangler lineup. i have the 4.62” plowhandle and 3.75” birdshead models, but the model i really wanted all along is the 3.75” plowhandle. i also have a heritage roughrider but the wrangler is better built, and a ruger single six single-action but the wrangler is less expensive. rimfire single action revolvers make excellent learning/teaching tools.

ruger recently introduced a wide variety of barrel lengths and grip styles to its wrangler lineup. i have the 4.62” plowhandle and 3.75” birdshead models, but the model i really wanted all along is the 3.75” plowhandle. i also have a heritage roughrider but the wrangler is better built, and a ruger single six single-action but the wrangler is less expensive. rimfire single action revolvers make excellent learning/teaching tools.

Do those have the same nice Blackhawk trigger?

I made the mistake of buying a S&W 22LR. Tractor with 48" deep plow trigger pull. Nearly impossible to be accurate combined with a garbage forcing cone.

I really like the Ruger wranglers and Ruger pistol's.

Attachments

• Lg0INrZOTRaPouLjWGsxdg.jpg
    Lg0INrZOTRaPouLjWGsxdg.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 5
From what I've seen, they aren't convertibles, they don't have a 22WMR cylinder option. Probably just as well, these are usually plinkers. Meant to compete with Heritage Rough Rider?

Am mildly curious about these. But always timid about new models.

Have a 9 shot H&R in the safe that isn't reliable, is DA but with a long heavy trigger, rimfire seems perfect for SA shooting instead. Too bad they don't just make the cylinders with 10 rounds, makes for a nice round number. :) [Yes on high power guns, the cylinder stop would be under a round, making the cylinder weaker, but this is rimfire, shouldn't be a problem.] But popping 10 empties out, one at a time... might be a bit old... that old H&R, not a great design but you pushed a pin and popped the whole cylinder out, makes loading/unloading a bit easier.

Back