New Quaker state “ all mileage “

Most know qs is pretty much my go to oil . It’s cheap and it’s work . I was picking up some Quaker state Hm oil . First I was pick the original HM version . Then I note the all mileage version . Look like it been update to newer rating .. so I pick the all mileage

just to be sure . The all mileage version is replace the HM version right ?

I note the Dino Quaker state is no longer forsale . I guess the all mileage replace both Dino and HM version .

Forever QS -MetalSlug-

A813046A-8E62-4607-AC36-F9CD8B34BAE1.jpeg
74D16C7E-88E4-421F-A868-EBF3E1AEEE04.jpeg

934D61A3-B16F-4D54-8355-80D8AF46A17E.jpeg
900C4453-BE01-4C0E-BBF7-498C86C3A4BE.jpeg

So they're canning Regular conventional/syn-blend now? Wonder if they're doing the same with PYB, I noticed Walmart has been clearancing it but still has PHM, so is PHM going to turn into Pennzoil All Mileage?

So they're canning Regular conventional/syn-blend now? Wonder if they're doing the same with PYB, I noticed Walmart has been clearancing it but still has PHM, so is PHM going to turn into Pennzoil All Mileage?
Yes I think they combine the Dino qs and qs hm into 1 product now . To meet new standard ? Regular Dino oil can’t meet the new standard spec I guess .

I think for the most part this is just a marketing ploy.
I think it's because most newer cars call for synthetic and the oil market seems to be pretty competitive and having multiple conventional/syn blend options doesn't make much sense anymore so they're consolidating the conventional tier in with high mileage.

I guess they are cleaning up their product line. The All Mileage is so new that it isn’t even listed on their website. Either that or it’s a Walmart exclusive product.

Last edited:
QS FS 5W-30 finally showed up in my local WM. Looking at the numbers, there's no difference from QSUD 5W-30.
Just a different label.

its said that newer specs require some synthetic to meet them + since its likely group III fake synthetic that they make cost difference is prolly minimal

Kinda makes sense. Probably not too many with new cars DIYing with conventional products. And the ones that are, will be well enough served by the all mileage product.

Yep, a bean counter figured they could represent two products with one jug design.
While that certainly plays a part - I think this is yet again another push by companies to stay afloat amongst changing market conditions. As mentioned previously - most vehicles being made are now recommending synthetic 5w20/0w20 oils. Retail oil sales are really targeted at a relatively small percentage of the market (folks who do their own changes) and the cars those folks are driving are changing as well.

That doesn’t even take into account the upward trend of vehicle life expectancies - we are seeing many vehicles last well beyond their contemporaries. “75k” as the marker for “high mileage” is a dated concept and one that manufacturers are likely hoping to avoid.

with technologies as they are - it seems like some manufacturers are going to an “all mileage” solution to avoid applying arbitrary mileage associations (while still matching the marketing claims of the high mileage formulas).

Back