New Pennzoil full synthetic "Black Label"

I left one thing out of my Pennzoil marketing plan. The voices of the ads. Just imagine the voice of Sam Elliott or Morgan Freeman saying, "Pennzoil. No BS. Just the best."

Lol!
I like it ! You might be on to something.

I agree that there are too many labels, which may lead to confusion. But, I'm an old guy that came from a time when there were still independent lube companies, before the big consolidations. I know there are still independent lube companies, but their sales are just a small fraction of PCMO market share. In that time, a motor oil needed to be formulated quite differently from another to have a different label.

Let’s all congratulate the new Director of Marketing at SOPUS! 👏
Thank you. Thank you very much! First thing's first. Get me a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 in custom Pennzoil yellow. Fill it with PUP and Park it in my parking space at SOPUS HQ. Put the keys (both sets) on my desk. And order me a custom license plate that says "No BS" on it.

One quick question....where the heck is SOPUS HQ and where is my office?

The Chrysler specific oil has a Dexos rating on it, I see. I guess those dealerships out there that sell both Dodge and Chevy have found their oil.

Thank you. Thank you very much! First thing's first. Get me a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 in custom Pennzoil yellow. Fill it with PUP and Park it in my parking space at SOPUS HQ. Put the keys (both sets) on my desk. And order me a custom license plate that says "No BS" on it.

700 Milam St, Houston. Formerly known as Pennzoil Place, which it was named when built. Quite a place, it won architectural awards.

It's funny, when the Wrangler was first introduced, Pennzoil gave away twenty in a sweepstakes. The entry coupon was part of the label on the bottle that was perforated to be detached and mailed in. We had a local winner, who took delivery at a dealer customer of ours. It was a nice little party.

Notice the label says "HD." That was a recent revision, coinciding with the removal of "Z-7." That caused a major crapstorm, so Z-7, which was meaningful decades earlier, was soon put back on labels.

s-l500.jpg

What is this oil? Pennzoil Top Off Oil™ Full Synthetic motor oil,

Listed by the Pennzoil guy on this thread, but Google got me nothing on it.

What is this oil? Pennzoil Top Off Oil™ Full Synthetic motor oil,

Listed by the Pennzoil guy on this thread, but Google got me nothing on it.
Specially formulated to be used to “top off” a vehicle, Pennzoil Top Off Oil is a full synthetic motor oil made from natural gas. It can be used in any gasoline engine or vehicle model and is compatible with other motor oil regardless of oil type (synthetic, synthetic blend or conventional) or viscosity grade.

Wut?

The Danville Gazette hasn’t been covering the China virus? We’re working remotely, which means you’re not leaving the metropolis of Danville, IN.

I’ll give you three options:

1. Head east on the Ernie Pyle Memorial Highway and work from your new office
in the Jiffy Lube located on Route 36 in Avon, or

2. Take your laptop and appetite and work from the Mayberry Cafe on Main
Street in downtown Danville. Just be sure to tell them Goober says “hey.”
Or, (my choice)

3. Work from the Kickstand Bar and Grill in scenic Danville. After a long day of
major marketing decisions, you can belly up to the bar and get “topped off.”

Cheers!

Yeah..no clearance. Rang up full price at the counter. The staff must have placed those new bottles in the old cleared PYB spots. The manager's like "this ain't cheap stuff no way we are selling it for $2". Well, I guess I will eventually see it go for $2 sooner or later...View attachment 37211
In my area, that shelf would be empty.

Wut?

The Danville Gazette hasn’t been covering the China virus? We’re working remotely, which means you’re not leaving the metropolis of Danville, IN.

I’ll give you three options:

1. Head east on the Ernie Pyle Memorial Highway and work from your new office
in the Jiffy Lube located on Route 36 in Avon, or

2. Take your laptop and appetite and work from the Mayberry Cafe on Main
Street in downtown Danville. Just be sure to tell them Goober says “hey.”
Or, (my choice)

3. Work from the Kickstand Bar and Grill in scenic Danville. After a long day of
major marketing decisions, you can belly up to the bar and get “topped off.”

Cheers!
Lol, You found some of my hangouts! Except it is IndyLube in Danville! (Because I can't fit underneath my Transit van!)

But I escaped the Covid polic for Christmas! I'm actually in Houston right now! I'm ready to head over and try out the nice ostrich skinned leather chair! Since its Texas, I'll also expect a nice pair of rattlesnake skin boots and a Stetson. I picture my office as something like this....
1608671699574.png

And here's me:

1608671756472.png

Specially formulated to be used to “top off” a vehicle, Pennzoil Top Off Oil is a full synthetic motor oil made from natural gas. It can be used in any gasoline engine or vehicle model and is compatible with other motor oil regardless of oil type (synthetic, synthetic blend or conventional) or viscosity grade.
Google hasn’t seen it....have any of you seen a bottle of this “top off oil”?

Lol, You found some of my hangouts! Except it is IndyLube in Danville! (Because I can't fit underneath my Transit van!)

But I escaped the Covid polic for Christmas! I'm actually in Houston right now! I'm ready to head over and try out the nice ostrich skinned leather chair! Since its Texas, I'll also expect a nice pair of rattlesnake skin boots and a Stetson. I picture my office as something like this....
View attachment 37804
And here's me:

View attachment 37805

Red star marks your office window.

Pennzoil Place.jpg

Thats a thing I hate about Mobil1, their website recommends 7 different FULL synthetic oils 0w-20 for my car. This is totally ridiculous. How my choices consumer need, this is total non-sense. For synthetic oil line, any manufacture should have at most 2 (maximum 3) products.
Good, Very good, Excellent. Anything else is stupid.

Thats a thing I hate about Mobil1, their website recommends 7 different FULL synthetic oils 0w-20 for my car. This is totally ridiculous. How my choices consumer need, this is total non-sense. For synthetic oil line, any manufacture should have at most 2 (maximum 3) products.
Good, Very good, Excellent. Anything else is stupid.

1. Good
2. Very Good
3. Excellent
4. Stupid

Uh, four, not three.

But, I agree with you, my friend.

Reality says that when it comes to oil changes and oil selection, most BITOGERs (way) overthink it while 98.264% of the American motoring public DON’T EVER THINK ABOUT IT!

Last edited:
Uh, Scuder,

That’s a really long drop should Indyfan’s master marketing plan fail.

Worse yet (and way OT), did you get a closeup of those cars he might bounce off of, especially that green station wagon?
Yeah, but I'll have a golden parachute. Isn't that what all the execs get in the oil industry? Besides, as the new JR Ewing, It'll be more likely that I get shot than fall out that window.

Thanks, Matt.
The blue label is meant for stationary bulk tanks, with large numbers for quick ID. Those come from SOPUS as you see it.
The yellow labels are intended for transportable containers. Drums, totes, etc, but work for stationary tanks. You can see a tank size and batch code printed on the label. That probably should be blacked out, but a situation in which that would matter is unlikely to happen. The yellow labels can be printed as needed at the local distribution facility.
Thanks my friend !

Back