New Pennzoil full synthetic "Black Label"

What exactly was “Pennzane”??
“multiply-alkylated cyclopentane (MAC) oil”

Yeah..no clearance. Rang up full price at the counter. The staff must have placed those new bottles in the old cleared PYB spots. The manager's like "this ain't cheap stuff no way we are selling it for $2". Well, I guess I will eventually see it go for $2 sooner or later...View attachment 37211
Why do they need to add the “you pay” what else could it be “ you don’t pay?”

Is the market really demanding all these lines?

PYB (which is semi now)
Gold
Full Synthetic
Platinum
Ultra Platinum

95% of people have no idea the difference between most of these, and especially the last three. At least they don't have Pennzoil Platinum Ultra Pure Plus or whatever it was called anymore.
Spot on as I think people get too wrapped up in hashing out the slightest details. For me, I have mine changed every 4-4500 miles and don't really care what's used as long as it's full synthetic and meets manufacturer (Nissan) approval. Most of mine are done at the dealership so I'd hope all is good there. IF I could source some magical oil that would allow an extended interval and confidently provide solid protection I'd go that route, even if it did cost more.

According to Pennzoil's website, the 0W-20 is not dexos either. However, every single spec and approval on the 5W-30, 5W-20 and the 0W-20 PDS sheets are exactly the same; pour point, flash point, viscosities, etc. Maybe they just copied and pasted or maybe they just don't care. I'll still try it though.
Looking at the KV, the spec is likely 0w20. I think they erred on the others.

I think it is the millennials. They must all have their own special oil, made just for them. So the brands start making all these different ones so they can perceive exactly that. (Lol, just kidding, millennials!)

On another note...Rick Mears' Pennzoil cars at Indy were called Z-7 Specials for awhile.

Interestingly, the PBL (love the new acronym, @Loobit ) has a MUCH higher flash point than PP. The data sheet looks exactly like Pennzoil Gold. I've always believed PG was actually a group III synthetic, not a blend, and that Shell's group III base stock has a higher flash point than PP. This is just more evidence of both, in my mind.

The Technical Data Sheet is bugged for the 5w30. They accidentally used the 5w20 data sheet. I wanted to see the 100c viscosity of the 5w30 oil. Hopefully they fix it.

Spot on as I think people get too wrapped up in hashing out the slightest details. For me, I have mine changed every 4-4500 miles and don't really care what's used as long as it's full synthetic and meets manufacturer (Nissan) approval. Most of mine are done at the dealership so I'd hope all is good there. IF I could source some magical oil that would allow an extended interval and confidently provide solid protection I'd go that route, even if it did cost more.
Unless you have discussed this specific question with your dealer's service manager, I would not assume they are putting synthetic oil into your Nissan. I recently read a thread where a guy took his Escalade to the dealer for service and they used an oil that "meets the specification." It was not synthetic, it was a syn blend, which is fine for the Escalade but the owner didn't like it one bit. So you might want to check up on this.

Back