New mobil 1 extended performance pds

Give me the 10W30 with the highest KV100 at 10.3 cSt, the highest flash point at 251 C, but the same pour point as 0W20 at -45C.

BTW for comparison the PAO based M1 0W40 FS has a PP = -60C and FP = 226 C.
While the GTL based Shell Helix Ultra / Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 has PP = -36 C and FP = 235 C
Make sure those FP numbers are obtained using the same test protocol.

Still doesnt match the pds. -27F is the pds value and thats -27C
Right shows -27°c and -17°f on msds, I would believe something is off on pds as someone just entered wrong on 5w30.

The Euro 0w40 MSDS shows PP of -40°c now, if anyone is concerned
I'm not changing oil in sub-zero temperatures so Pour Point means nothing to me. :rolleyes:
Me neither, too cold for that👍
Screenshot_20221026-112617_kindlephoto-14414579.jpg

I was entertaining trying 5W-30EP in my Wrangler, but perhaps not, maybe I'll try 5W-30AFE instead when I run out of VEP 5W-30.

There might still be a reason to buy m1 0w20 EP because it contains 20-30% PAO, but m1 0w-20 AFP is unknown. Also, the cost difference between the two is negligible, and sometimes the same.

Still doesnt match the pds. -27F is the pds value and thats -27C

It would fail ASTM D4684 and D5293. Which would make it a non-conforming product.

I'm still venturing to guess that it's a typo of some sorts. As their own externally released PDS about their base stocks, show much better performance than that, raw without any cold point depressants in them.

Yeah, cheapening the oil instead of raising prices.

Mobil has played games for years with their constantly changing the formulas of their oil. That's one reason why I abandoned them,you never know what you were getting in the end and I don't play games like that.

You couldn't pay me enough to use their products gear oil or anything else from them.

Mobil has played games for years with their constantly changing the formulas of their oil. That's one reason why I abandoned them,you never know what you were getting in the end and I don't play games like that.

You couldn't pay me enough to use their products gear oil or anything else from them.
Actually it's quite the opposite. Numerous VOA's over the years from multiple sites and sources showed consistency in their formulations. They were also one of the first, if not the first, to use a LSPI friendly additive system.

You may be thinking of the move to group III.

Yeah - absolutely no others play those games

Actually it's quite the opposite. Numerous VOA's over the years from multiple sites and sources showed consistency in their formulations. They were also one of the first, if not the first, to use a LSPI friendly additive system.

They will always go back and forth between base stocks because they don’t just make it for in house use. If Amsoil needs train cars full of Grp4 … that’s in the contract. What they do in house is more flexible - but thats going to mean other chemicals to still hit target performance … at a mid price point …

Look at it this way. A member here has gone 40 years with M1 at 10k OCI’s … we have seen his mileage and heads off for gaskets … How many formula changes in those 40 years with the same results ?

Last edited:

I lost my trust in them during the Katrina hurricane event,that started my distaste of their products.

And to top it off, I've seen numerous engine tear downs that were not so great that were using Mobil products.

Sorry folks, I will not use their products no matter how much they are loved here on BITOG.

I lost my trust in them during the Katrina hurricane event,that started my distaste of their products.

And to top it off, I've seen numerous engine tear downs that were not so great that were using Mobil products.

Sorry folks, I will not use their products no matter how much they are loved here on BITOG.
where are all these engines posted ?

Back