New Lawsuit Over E15 Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this such a big deal and not the cost of what we are being charged per/gallon? Why is there no lawsuit over that?

Because 15% ethanol ruins older cars and mileage loss with "drunk" fuel is already really bad with 10% alcohol, it will be terrible with 15%.

and don't forget our outdoor equipment snowblowers lawnmowers etc. Wonder how 15% would work in 2 cylce weedeaters???

I'm with the guy who said abolish the EPA and replace it with an agency that actually does something meaningful

Steve

I think every car manufactured should be able to get 30-40+ MPG city driving, even from a lead footer, by now. Then I'll start to believe they car about our wallets.

The EPA doesn't care what vehicles and equipment E15 will damage or the costs it'll create. Their 2001 and newer model year approval for E15 is arbitrary. Many 2001 and even later models have a lot of the same fuel systems that they had earlier. It's part of the EPA's not so hidden agenda to obsolete older equipment and vehicles as soon aas possible. They reason the "life" of a vehicle is 10-15 years and that's all the justiication they need to claim E15 can now be phased in. Of course i don't think it should ever be phased in and neither should've E10.

The average age of vehicles on the road is 9 years. That means nearly half the vehicles on the road may be declared obsolete by EPA.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
The average age of vehicles on the road is 9 years. That means nearly half the vehicles on the road may be declared obsolete by EPA.

Yeah, but it'll do wonders for auto sales, won't it? Think about it, it would be the "No Cash for Clunkers" plan...
whistle.gif

when will they stop granting passed inspections to cars like mine, frim 1984 ?

and E10 and E15 ruin plenty of things. MMO should be mandatory

Here's my prediction, pull up to the local "gas" station and all 20 pumps are E15, and one little pump is E10 over in the corner of the lot, so everyone will just use E15, due to the hassle factor.

Or maybe there will be a huge line waitng to use the E10 pump, and people will give up and just use the E15 pumps.

Maybe I'll buy a fuel storage container with a hand pump and buy bulk conventional gas and refuel at home when possible.

ADM / Monsanto 1 Amercian Public 0.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
And exactly what is the plan for the vehicles which were built *before* 2007 ? Is gas station supposed to have different pumps for E85 vs non-E85 ?

That's what I've been wondering too.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Vikas
And exactly what is the plan for the vehicles which were built *before* 2007 ? Is gas station supposed to have different pumps for E85 vs non-E85 ?

That's what I've been wondering too.
confused2.gif

Yes, separate pumps for E85.

Ok,,,here's my idea,,,find whoever owns the property,,next to your favorite gas staion/convienence store,,,ask them nicely,if you can rent a small portion of their property.Go and purchase barrels of unleaded 100 octane racing fuel,,and set up,,,excuse my paraphrasing,,,,a "kool-aid" stand,,,I'm going to do that anyway,so when I'm forced to buy this junk,,I'm going to add a little "cutter" to it,,,I've decided to just,,blend my own fuel,,,I'm almost tempted to buy some leaded,,,and really irritate the EPA.Now,,, I realize not everyone can do this,,I don't have CATS on my truck and I don't have to run them,,,I'm lucky,,,but what is the general public supposed to do,,,there has got to be some manner of protest to this decision to force all of us to buy this.Half the people in this area I live in,can't even find jobs,,how are they supposed to buy new cars and trucks,,to bend to this new rule.I'll tell ya,,,our whole existence,,is starting to look like a science-fiction movie.

Keep in mind that just about everything you do to reduce emissions decreases gas mileage. Not being at all educated about or concerned with such matters, congressmen (and women) don't understand that, so they simultaneously demand that car manufacturers increase mileage and reduce emissions.

Good news...

House votes to block E15 from gas pumps

Quote:
Washington— The U.S. House voted overwhelmingly to bar the Environmental Protection Agency from moving ahead with allowing a higher blend of ethanol in the nation's gas tanks.

Just before 2 a.m. today, the House voted 286-135 to block the EPA from spending any money to carry out a waiver to allow E15 to be sold at the nation's fueling stations. Currently, most gas stations sell E10 — which is 10 percent ethanol.

Ethanol is exhibit 1-A of what is wrong with Gub'mint. It is a net negative in energy consumption getting it grown, produced, and marketed. It's well documented. The farm lobby really did a number on all of us in the general public. Not to mention the acreage that is now producing corn and not other crops for human consumption, raising prices on those other crops resulting in higher food prices. Most gub'mint programs are a case study in unintended consequences.

Originally Posted By: LTVibe
Good news...

House votes to block E15 from gas pumps

Quote:
Washington— The U.S. House voted overwhelmingly to bar the Environmental Protection Agency from moving ahead with allowing a higher blend of ethanol in the nation's gas tanks.

Just before 2 a.m. today, the House voted 286-135 to block the EPA from spending any money to carry out a waiver to allow E15 to be sold at the nation's fueling stations. Currently, most gas stations sell E10 — which is 10 percent ethanol.

Awesome news...Now we need to get rid of E-10 to get our M.P.G. back up to speed again.

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the evil corporations involved in the lawsuit...

+1

Originally Posted By: JeremyInMT
rshunter said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the evil corporations involved in the lawsuit...

I like corporations. They sell stuff which make my life comfortable. And private companies can be just as good or bad.

As it is currently, and I quote: "Because of the government subsidy of ethanol by way of a lower tax most resellers purchase the ethanol (E10) product" - this from a reply to my email to a local oil distributor asking if it sold conventional (no ethanol) gasoline. Yep, the Govt will allow the retailers to sell their souls by offering a lower tax for E15. Then the Govt. will jack up the tax(price) on E10.

And E10 is NOT a Govt Mandate! The EISA 2007 Act mandated something called RINS - which requires certain amounts of ethanol be blended in every area of the country in ever increasing amounts until 2022, when 36 Billion gallons must be blended. So to comply, oil companies started selling E10, even if not required by law in your State/County. The next step is E15, etc.

It's a joke: Subsidized corn-growing for Farmers. Subsidized E10 purchases by gasoline retail outlets. And you lose in less MPG, more gas purchase to make up for it, and more govt debt over a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back