NEW Kirkland 15w-40 Diesel engine oil

Pulled the trigger today. Far better deal than I had thought.
9FC545AB-1CEE-480C-94AA-A445C0337088.jpeg

Kirkland 15W40 does have higher levels of zinc and phosphorus, specifically, 1270 PPM and 1150 PPM respectively according to the Warren Distribution PDS. Calcium is 1050 PPM and magnesium is 1000 PPM. The oil also contains a splash of moly 66 PPM. Overall, Kirkland 15W40 has a decent additive package, and it is slightly more robust than Walmart's Super Tech 15W40 blended by WD.

Kirkland 15W40 does have higher levels of zinc and phosphorus, specifically, 1270 PPM and 1150 PPM respectively according to the Warren Distribution PDS. Calcium is 1050 PPM and magnesium is 1000 PPM. The oil also contains a splash of moly 66 PPM. Overall, Kirkland 15W40 has a decent additive package, and it is slightly more robust than Walmart's Super Tech 15W40 blended by WD.
link?

My local Costco (Sunnyvale California) dropped the price to $14.97. Grabbed 40 boxes. Manager said most stores will stop selling it so it will be on clearance price till they are all sold out.

Those boxes of Kirkland 15W-40 of HD oil are still being sold in the greater Milwaukee area and Anchorage Costco stores. Pricing is in the mid twenties for 3 each 1-gal jugs.

Anyone using it in their gasoline car?
This Kirkland Signature oil is dual rated for both diesel and gasoline. The “SN” API designation means it is approved for gasoline engines too. The Shell Rotella T4 is only diesel rated.

This Kirkland Signature oil is dual rated for both diesel and gasoline. The “SN” API designation means it is approved for gasoline engines too. The Shell Rotella T4 is only diesel rated.
Thanks, yes i understand the dual rating labels and appreciate the response. I was more so interested if someone had any feedback or uoa after running an oci in their vehicle.

Do we know if this has “elevated” Zn/P given these days’ reformulations? Considering this for my 5.9L Cummins... Other threads implied 1000-1100ppm-ish, but times change. It’s selling for $26.99 at my Costco, and my truck takes three gallons... good deal...
considering it is ck-4 it should at least have 1000ppm of calcium, zinc, and maybe phosphorous.

Anyone using it in their gasoline car?
I'm not, but depending on the engine and climate, I wouldn't hesitate too. (My escape and Silverado would both be candidates for a summer fill. 15w is a little too thick for a Midwest winter, IMO.) This oil may very well see service in my OPE as well.

Back