NEW Kirkland 15w-40 Diesel engine oil

Sorry if this is a double post. Just came across this in my Sunday night oil deal shopping. Screen shots attached.

87D963B1-1317-4CA4-87E7-30A8144CF704.png

E343D945-6811-47E6-B63B-2146A208DB26.png

same price as Mobil Delvac 1300 15W-40 at walmart right now....$10.97/gallon

Sure its fine, and made by Warren Distribution like the other Kirkland oils though.

So will probably be less than $10 a gallon at the warehouse.

The 0w20 and 5w30 oil has a $5 price premium if shipped. So if this gets say a $6 instore discount then thats $9 a gallon.

Originally Posted by Jimzz

The 0w20 and 5w30 oil has a $5 price premium if shipped. So if this gets say a $6 instore discount then thats $9 a gallon.

Really? Or did you just make that up?

Originally Posted by tundraotto
same price as Mobil Delvac 1300 15W-40 at walmart right now....$10.97/gallon

Sure its fine, and made by Warren Distribution like the other Kirkland oils though.

Mobil Delvac becomes $6/gallon with the rebate Mobil is offering now. Walmart is a retailer that you can get the rebate from now as well, a somewhat recent change.

What part? The Syn oil, 0w20 and 5w30, are $25 in store but $30 online. So that much is true.
The discount for the 15w40 is just a hunch we may see. Since the 15w40 is 3 jugs, not 2 like the others, I am thinking they will reduce more than $5.

So is this stuff Mobil Delvac Super 1300 repackaged as Kirkland? It's CK4 & SN. I'm not too familiar with Warren Distribution.

Kirkland Signature Heavy Duty Diesel 15W-40 is blended by Warren Distribution (WD) which is the same oil marketer that makes Walmart's Super Tech brand. Warren Distribution blends Mag 1 oil which is their own house brand. WD also blends motor oils for major retail chain stores like Meijer in the midwest, and they also blend AmazonBasics oils.

Overall, Warren Distribution blends pretty solid motor oils with decent additive packages. I would not hesitate to use Kirkland Signature Heavy Duty Diesel, especially if Costco runs it on sale.

He didn't make it up....

Originally Posted by BeerCan
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ruSSrt
That WA Costco. Can not wait for it to go on sale.

Wish ours had Delo. We had Rotella for a little while and then no HDEO for a long time until the Kirkland came out.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Originally Posted by ruSSrt
That WA Costco. Can not wait for it to go on sale.

Wish ours had Delo. We had Rotella for a little while and then no HDEO for a long time until the Kirkland came out.

Keep an eye out. At my local Costco they have one or the other. I've seen delo many times and then it would disappear and Kirkland would show up

Our warehouse has not had delo in 5 years or more. I check all the time. Usually rotella but now it's Kirkland

Last edited:
Good price for standard non-syn oil. But need to buy another quart for the 6.7 superduty

Last edited:
Do we know if this has “elevated” Zn/P given these days’ reformulations? Considering this for my 5.9L Cummins... Other threads implied 1000-1100ppm-ish, but times change. It’s selling for $26.99 at my Costco, and my truck takes three gallons... good deal...

Back