New Garage

Looks great! Must be nice not to be tracking the loose material into the garage, house etc. Looks like they put down 2 layers? If so, nice!
Thanks, yes it was two layers. Time will tell how it holds up but I'm happy with it so far.

Looks super nice. Are you going to seal coat it in a year or two (and then periodically)? Winters are rough on asphalt.

Looks super nice. Are you going to seal coat it in a year or two (and then periodically)? Winters are rough on asphalt.
The asphalt contractor advised me to have it sealed every 3-5 years but made a point to tell me not to do it more often than that. I have since spoken to other people that do asphalt or that are familiar with it whose advice differs from that.

It seems to be one of those areas where if you ask 3 people you get 5 opinions.:D

Reactions: JTK
I guess that I wasn't done after all! Although technically not part of the garage, we had our driveway paved a few weeks ago and it just seems to complete the project. We had initially gone with a sort of packed gravel that they call sure-pac but we weren't happy with it.

The asphalt is great so far and it won't wash out after heavy rain or spring snow melt.
View attachment 63904

View attachment 63905
Plenty of space in front of the garage for donuts. Well planned and executed.

Back