New EaO09 and EaO10 Change Interval Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this Toyota/Lexis thing just can't be trumped with filter media. I have to think that too many customers are experiencing CEL's due to a plugged filter. My Peugeot would put the OIL light on with a plugged filter, later models had an OIL pressure light and a CHANGE FILTER light. I can't quite figure the mechanism that would trigger it. I'm sure it's simple, but it eludes me.

Due to engine design, AMSOIL EaO09 and EaO10 oil filters are not recommended beyond OEM change interval recommendations in Toyota, Lexus and Pontiac vehicles with Toyota-built engines. Stickers have been applied to the filter packaging that state the following:

Filter to be changed at the interval recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Refer to your owner’s manual.

As a result of this change, the prices of these filters have been reduced:

I just got this notice in the mail yesterday:

Quote:
Dear AMSOIL Customer:

Our records indicate you have purchased an AMSOIL Ea009 or an Ea010 oil filter within the last year.

Please be informed the recommended change interval has changed for the Ea009 and Ea010 Oil Filters used with any Toyota/Lexus application, or with the Pontiac Vibe featuring the 1.8L engine built by Toyota.

AMSOIL now recommends changing EA009 and Ea010 Filters used int he above-listed applications according to the filter change interval recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. Refer to your owner's manual. Customers operating with any of the above-listed applications with an Ea009 or Ea010 Filter in service beyond the vehicle manufacturer's recommended interval should change the oil filter at the earliest opportunity. If the oil light is triggered, the filter should be changed immediately. For more information contact AMSOIL Technical Services at (715) 399-TECH or [email protected].

Sincerely,

AMSOIL Corporate Communications
AMSOIL INC.
Superior, WI 54880

Dang! Back to 6mo/5000mi filter changes.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Stickers have been applied to the filter packaging that state the following:

Filter to be changed at the interval recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Refer to your owner’s manual.

Just got an EAO09 on Tuesday ... sure enough ... had the sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back