New Dorman or used junkyard OEM?

Is TRQ brand reboxed Dorman? I bought TRQ suspension parts a couple of years ago and they were absolute garbage, but how bad could they screw up a cable?

I have both Dorman hood release & emergency/parking brake release cables on the F-450 in my sig, they've been fine. Sometimes they even come with a lifetime warranty.

I have a couple of '96 Jeep Cherokees. Years ago, I got a hood release cable off of Rock Auto and another from the Jeep dealership. Taking both out of the package, they were identical. In this particular case, I would have sworn that they both came from the same factory, back-to-back. Now I'm not a big Dorman fan, but in this case, the fit and function worked fine. Yes, I still have it on the Jeep and it still works.

You never know. I bought a doorman parking brake cable kit for my last 4th gen Ram 1500. One of the sections on the doorman wasn't quite right, but I was able to keep the OEM section in that spot.

Dorman doesn't make hood release cables, they source them from somewhere.

I used a $25 ebay shifter cable on my 99 Camry, new OE was $200. Works great and is a quality piece.

You are going to be dealing with those plastic spring loaded clicky lock things, and the old ones are probably brittle. Get new.

You already have lots of used parts on that 03. New.

I have an 05 ION which I plan on running another 18 years. New, for me, is good.

It's getting new axles currently, the non-power door lock fixed. The rear bumper will be repainted later this month.

But: with an '86 Olds and a 63 Valiant in the driveway..... I'll take what I can get: repro, used, NOS, rebuilt....

Dorman nuts are actually good
I respectfully disagree. I bought some to replace some of the factory wheel nuts that swelled. The Dormans are already rusty compared to the originals that are from 2009. I would still give the Dorman cable a chance @atikovi , with the exception of the wheel nuts, Dorman has been good for me.

OK but I hear everybody hating on everything Dorman. Or Cardone.
Dorman manufactures nothing themselves. They source wherever and put it in their box. So your completely beholden to their supplier.

It could be the same supplier as original OEM.

Or it could be some child sweat shop in China. I had parts that literally don't even fit - not even close - from Dorman.

You just never know. For $26 bucks I would likely try the Dorman. Worst case your out 26 bucks.

Back