2015 Focus smart key emergency blade doesn't fit.

Locksmiths have access to a system that provides key codes for older vehicles. I was going to sign up for it, but you need a locksmith license and a bond. Plus a lot of the times when we cut a key off code for an older vehicle the keys don't work because the cylinders are worn, especially ignition cylinders on older trucks.
Correct, with my VSP credential I can go back 25 years for cut codes on ford but I have to do a buttload of paperwork to verify identity and cant do it remotely either. I use the code as a guide on old locks and bump the cuts a bit to compensate for wear. It becomes more of an art than anything else.

Correct, with my VSP credential I can go back 25 years for cut codes on ford but I have to do a buttload of paperwork to verify identity and cant do it remotely either. I use the code as a guide on old locks and bump the cuts a bit to compensate for wear. It becomes more of an art than anything else.
I will usually sell them cylinders. I build the 8 cut ones here

I'll bet you $100 you won't be able to open it with a paperclip.

I only count 7 wafers in that picture of the dissected cylinder, if you left 4 out even someone who only read lockpicking for dummies could get in quicker than it would take to hit the unlock button on the fob.

Back