New BMW X3 M40, INSANE power delivery (2024)

I did something similar down here at the Circuit of the Americas. Got a chance to put an M3 and M4 though its paces. It was high 80s F in the morning and by noon it was mid 90s F. These cars went 150mph with the AC on full blast like I was going down a highway at 60mph. Group after group did that, the cars were never shut down.

No electric can do this and that's why they only demo the 0-60mph.
At High Plains Raceway I have seen few Tesla’s few years back doing 4-5 laps, and that is about it.
Lately it is really rare to see any EV.

I did something similar down here at the Circuit of the Americas. Got a chance to put an M3 and M4 though its paces. It was high 80s F in the morning and by noon it was mid 90s F. These cars went 150mph with the AC on full blast like I was going down a highway at 60mph. Group after group did that, the cars were never shut down.

No electric can do this and that's why they only demo the 0-60mph.
Why do you think an EV cant do that? Mine is happy to. Albeit, Im curious the range of both doing 150. I think my ev6 GT has a range of about 100mi at 150, lol!

BMW disagrees with you.
Also, you are obviously not familiar with torque wars in Europe when 5nm was a news. Companies are influenced a lot by their cultural and traditional traits. Also, in grand scheme of things, X3 M40 is not big seller for BMW on a global scale. But it is perfect platform to tune that system and execute it in 2.0ltr diesel.
Also, it is not about hp. It is about torque.
Here is what people who actually own one say:

My son and I participated in an M Day at Kentucky Speedway; one event was lapping the oval in 8 Series coupes. I knew one of the instructors so we took off and practically lapped the field before we had to back off. Later both my son and I wound up stuck behind some really timid bed wetters and we couldn’t even reach 120 mph. Frustrating in the extreme.

Here is what people who actually own one say:
I know for you facts can be challenging, but I will repeat again: BMW designed system to PRIMARILY aid passing, mid range torque.
BMW designed vehicle, not buyers. Buyers might find vehicle better in certain situations than expected, but again, because it is OBVIOUSLY necessary, BMW designed vehicle and they stated (which I quoted for you, but I do realize it takes time to understand) what is primary purpose of that system!

I know for you facts can be challenging, but I will repeat again: BMW designed system to PRIMARILY aid passing, mid range torque.
BMW designed vehicle, not buyers. Buyers might find vehicle better in certain situations than expected, but again, because it is OBVIOUSLY necessary, BMW designed vehicle and they stated (which I quoted for you, but I do realize it takes time to understand) what is primary purpose of that system!
Im not going to argue over a few tenths on a high 12 second car, lol, Im sure it helps.

I am talking torque , elasticity, you are still taking 12sec etc.
Stick to the gym and that Sorento.
You can call it whatever. It doesnt change the facts that it lops a couple of tenths off, combined with the more powerful motor, on 30-50 times. Cool. Also, if you want to throw shade, try owning something nicer than the people you're throwing shade at. It bolsters the stance considersbly.

You can call it whatever. It doesnt change the facts that it lops a couple of tenths off, combined with the more powerful motor, on 30-50 times. Cool. Also, if you want to throw shade, try owning something nicer than the people you're throwing shade at. It bolsters the stance considersbly.
He's got four cars in his signature that I'd rather have than your Kia.

Reactions: Ws6
He's got four cars in his signature that I'd rather have than your Kia.
No accounting for taste, but suffice to say I can afford every car in his signature combined, and didn't choose a one of them. He keeps talking smack while driving old beaters and it makes no sense. Buy something nice if you like it so much, yeah? I mean, I cross shipped all the stuff from audi, bmw, alfa romeo, etc. and chose not to buy it. We buy what we like, yeah?

Lets also not forget that Albert Biermann left BMWs M division and designed the suspension under the ev6 gt. Hence why in part it scuttles around a track quicker than an x3m

Last edited:
No accounting for taste, but suffice to say I can afford every car in his signature combined, and didn't choose a one of them. He keeps talking smack while driving old beaters and it makes no sense. Buy something nice if you like it so much, yeah? I mean, I cross shipped all the stuff from audi, bmw, alfa romeo, etc. and chose not to buy it. We buy what we like, yeah?
Like I was saying, it seems muscles and 0-60 are your gauge of someone, their personality or wealth. No wonder you have a need to show up every time someone says "I drove XYZ and let me tell you..."
Ccccc, you are driving KIA, not M3.

I already explained to you what is the reason for pushing that system in the car like X3 M40i. It is the same that numerous BMW engineers explained some four years ago. Those engineers spent time thinking about how to tune that system based on real-world experience and then sell it in vehicles like let's say, 320d, or X3 2.0d or 2.0i where BMW really makes money. You see, having that system in a diesel that pushes out some 150-200hp in a vehicle that weighs 3700lbs to 4,0000lbs or more depending on the model, can make driving safer and more enjoyable as you are adding some 80-100lb-ft to it.
Maybe this time it clicks with you.

I already explained to you what is the reason for pushing that system in the car like X3 M40i. It is the same that numerous BMW engineers explained some four years ago. Those engineers spent time thinking about how to tune that system based on real-world experience and then sell it in vehicles like let's say, 320d, or X3 2.0d or 2.0i where BMW really makes money. You see, having that system in a diesel that pushes out some 150-200hp in a vehicle that weighs 3700lbs to 4,0000lbs or more depending on the model, can make driving safer and more enjoyable as you are adding some 80-100lb-ft to it.
Maybe this time it clicks with you.
Im very familiar with it. What Im telling you is it doesnt make it much quicker in any sense. It feels better and improves throttle response, by and large, which isnt going to show up at the track, but more in daily driving. But you race the two, and it wont amount to much. Mazda did the same thing with the cx90 I6 3.3 turbo. It didnt do much for it empirically.

Like I was saying, it seems muscles and 0-60 are your gauge of someone, their personality or wealth. No wonder you have a need to show up every time someone says "I drove XYZ and let me tell you..."
Ccccc, you are driving KIA, not M3.
Id rather have substance than a meaningless badge? Sure, lol!

Performance matters more than image to me, while you seem hung up on image...yet you drive beaters. Why? This makes no sense.

So the B58 and S58 are excellent Motors. A few simples mods and 600hp is easily made. Problem is, its a BMW, which means its going to leak, might loose a diff, or something else. BMWs are down there with Alfa Romeo in terms of reliability. You don't see alot out of warranty lol. BMW. Break my Wallet

I have a 660hp C63s, and it runs 161mph in the half mile.....

• Love
Reactions: Ws6
So the B58 and S58 are excellent Motors. A few simples mods and 600hp is easily made. Problem is, its a BMW, which means its going to leak, might loose a diff, or something else. BMWs are down there with Alfa Romeo in terms of reliability. You don't see alot out of warranty lol. BMW. Break my Wallet

I have a 660hp C63s, and it runs 161mph in the half mile.....
These legit aren't bad like that from everything Ive seen and heard from owners. Most of the pain is routine PM. And Alfa is horrific there.

My Kia only does 143 in the 1/2 :(

Oh, is this where we start measuring? Alright, here we go...

On second thought I've got better things to do. 😆

Id rather have substance than a meaningless badge? Sure, lol!

Performance matters more than image to me, while you seem hung up on image...yet you drive beaters. Why? This makes no sense.
Of course it makes sense. You can always bring your Sorento to the track against my beater. Let’s see…

Of course it makes sense. You can always bring your Sorento to the track against my beater. Let’s see…
I've got enough track time to know Im not Randy Pobst, and I have no clue how much track time you have, so Im not sure it would prove anything aside driving ability, but my GT is so far ahead by the numbers that if I lived closer, Id do it. Sadly, its a bit annoying of a drive to Co.

Back