New Alfa Milano

Interesting choice of name
I remember the 1980s Milano (75 in Europe)

The subcompact crossover will also be offered with a three-cylinder hybrid powertrain, but sadly, neither version will be sold in the United States.

1712846247512.jpg

I wish they weren't selling off the farm to go all EV, but this looks like a good offering. Like the Tonale, they'd have better market penetration if they would bring the gas versions here as well.

Who remembers the original Milano from the 1980's? It had a high revving 2.5L V-6 (in some versions) and a pretty slick gearbox. Not too reliable though.

The Busso V6 sings a beautiful tune, when it works 😳
When I was a kid, there was a guy on the corner with 2 different 164s, a Milano, and a Spider
He brought them over with him from Italy
Always thought they were so distinctive ☺️

I recall looking at the 75 aka Milano, in the showroom.

I thought the rise in the rear trunk line was slightly odd, but didn't ruin the overall look. The U-shaped hand brake lever stood out.

Second to last Alfa before FIAT took over.

I get that they're trying new things, but I prefer the simple, classic, unadorned look of the shield, not the busywork they've put into this.

I am torn -- Alfa is one of those marques that would have died a long time ago, if forced to stand by itself in the market.

While it's good that a larger parent has kept it alive, in some fashion, at the same time, I can't but help thinking it could have had a better parent if VAG's interest in buying it had been reciprocated, and it were in their hands instead of Stellantis' hands.

Alfa would have fit nicely under the section of the org chart that has Audi overseeing Lamborghini and Ducati. And Bentley.

There is more to say in that respect, but I'll be polite and keep to saying nice things.

The Busso V6 sings a beautiful tune, when it works 😳
When I was a kid, there was a guy on the corner with 2 different 164s, a Milano, and a Spider
He brought them over with him from Italy
Always thought they were so distinctive ☺️

Wow, I see heavy Volvo/Saab/VW & even MB in the taillights. I like it! Davis says MeeLono & Alfa ramayo LOL

Last edited:
Back