Never ever drank even one energy drink?

I tried a Red Bull once and hated it. Never tried another till this last summer, I had been on the road in the truck all day, working on seed handling equipment all evening and got called out to a semi rollover with the wrecker. I decided to grab a Starbucks double shot vanilla from our local dollar store and liked it. I’ll have a couple a week over lunch at work(8pm) and it really keeps me going through the shift.

One of our second shift production supervisors goes through 5-6 of something in a black can a night. He lives on them and treats it like bragging rights. Obviously he’s the picture of health.

35 here. Worked in coal for 10 years, and in oilfield last 5. Both with pretty crazy hours/hitches. With that came quite a habit of relying on energy drinks. I think I've burnt myself out on caffeine, I can drink a bang or ghost and go to bed lol. They just raise heart rate anymore.

Those tea-based energy drinks are pretty good without excess sweetness (from sugar or artificial sweeteners) or that tangy aftertaste. I've been enjoying those V8 +Energy drinks lately since picking up a pack at Wal-Mart and that's its downside - inability to quickly grab from a gas station or convenience store.

I’ve had a few Red Bulls….that’s it.

I too like those V8 ones….much safer too

I've never had one and quit coffee probably 10 years ago. Most I have anymore is green tea, maybe one per day.

Never had one, and never will. My doctor said the only thing you can possibly drink that's worse for you, is by adding alcohol to one. (Red Bull and Vodka is extremely popular).

I had a couple over the years but not that much either, ive helped out my nephew sometimes with his landscaping company and on hot days when we worked hard all day it was nice to get one at the gas station and those are the only moments i really enjoy drinking it after some hard work on hot days.
Not sitting and watching tv/gaming.

I do not notice any energy boosts but useally do notice an energy dip after some time :ROFLMAO:

After having one i can notice my teeth feeling rough from all the sugar so i almost feel guilty for my self😁

Never needed to or used any energy drink in my life. Never will use it in the future.

Never needed to or used any energy drink in my life. Never will use it in the future.
I thought the same way for most of my life. Wow was I wrong. Many of us develop health issues as we age, despite a lifetime of careful eating and adequate exercise (again, diet and exercise are not cure-alls and won't prevent many health issues) . It might be of interest to some of you that caffeine consumption can have some cellular benefits.

Quote: "Caffeine consumption has been associated with lower risks for multiple diseases, including type II diabetes, heart disease, and stroke, but the mechanism underlying these protective effects has been unclear. A new study now shows that caffeine promotes the movement of a regulatory protein into mitochondria, enhancing their function and protecting cardiovascular cells from damage. The work, publishing 21 June in the open access journal PLOS Biology, by Judith Haendeler and Joachim Altschmied of the Medical Faculty, Heinrich-Heine-University and the IUF-Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine in Duesseldorf, Germany, and colleagues, found that the protective effect was reached at a concentration equivalent to consumption of four cups of coffee, suggesting the effect may be physiologically relevant."

On taurine: (critical for mitochondrial function)

Quote: "Although taurine deficiency is rare in neonates, it is perhaps inevitable with advancing age. Healthy elderly patients ages 61 to 81 have up to a 49% decrease in plasma taurine concentration compared with healthy individuals ages 27 to 57.124 While reduced renal retention125 and taurine intake126 can account for depressed taurine levels, Eppler and Daw- son127 found that tissue and circulating taurine concentrations decrease over the human life span primarily due to an age-dependent depletion of CSD activity in the liver."

Last edited:
Some of the new energy drinks are sugar free, and provide lots of B vitamins. I drink one about weekly. Drink one cup of black coffee per day. No sugar in that either.

I never had one but I think the Red Bullies are pretty sweet enough.

1666620530426.jpg

Back