Neo 0w-5 is truly a 5wt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Robbie Alexander:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
When is someone going to get brave and run this oil and do a UOA?

I got the Cha-changa,
send me the oil, and the money or the bottles to do the tests, pre-paid naturally, and I'll run it for the group... Even when it's slow, I still put on 900-1300 miles a week... it should be no time before we have results.

If there are any Neo oil representatives reading this board, here is your chance to make a name for yourself! Send Robbie some oil!

quote:

Originally posted by Robbie Alexander:
[qb]
[qb] When is someone going to get brave and run this oil-------If there are any Neo oil representatives reading this board, here is your chance to make a name for yourself! Send Robbie some oil!
I'll give it a shot, but if my engine sounds like it's comming unglued, I'll have to drain it naturally!

I'm running NEO 10W/30 in my Saab turbo right now, but I've only got 500 mi. on it and I don't know if I'm gonna stick with it. I had a VOA done (after seeing someone else's VOA), and they both showed a lot of a lead compound as an additive. It would be difficult to tell from a UOA if I had bearing wear without doing a VOA first every time, because the amount of lead varies a little bit in each batch they blend (enough to confound the UOA readings).
So I'm starting to chicken out. But it's the quietest oil in my engine that I've run.

Well today I put in 4.5 qt's of Mobil 1 0w-20 and 3 qt's of GC 0w-30 in my Mercedes AMG C43 V-8 which gets driven very hard, redlined daily, some 5 to 8 times.

I will do an oil analylsis in 2,500 miles.

I am sending in my 2,500 mile GC oil this week for testing.

This must be a TRUE racing oil ..as in maybe NASCAR where they use dry sumps and have adopted the theory of HIGH VOLUME - LOW PRESSURE to conserve HP. This stuff is a coolant as much as a lubricant.

...and it ain't intended (no matter what rhetoric someone tells you) for a street engine.

Look at Synergyns 0,00,000,000 weight oils
shocked.gif

http://www.synergynracing.com/products/lts_oils.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back