neighbor wises up-dumps his 2012 equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I've seen this type of behavior from Toyota and Honda owners as well.

This type of behavior is easily recognizable, and comes from fans and owners of all brands. Nobody likes for their choices to be "wrong" and, whether they bought a Honda or a Toyota that needs too much work, or a Chrysler or Ford that needs too much work, folks who feel defensive about what they bought will justify it until they're blue in the face. Folks who are not defensive about it will openly admit if there's a problem.

This isn't driven by the brand of vehicle, but by individual personality.

Example: I felt like I had to replace the radiator in our Acura MDX pre-emptively because Honda muffed up the design of the ATF heat exchanger fittings, allowing for the potential of cross-contamination of fluid. Shame, Honda! We still enjoy the car immensely, but it's not perfect -- I've yet to find anything that is.

lots of blame the victim here. Go type in 2010 Chevy Equonox on Edmunds.com. Read the reviews and tell me you would like to own one of these pieces of junk...lol

Amazing car mfg's peddling cars that don't work or rust instantly in this era.

GM
Mazda
Mitsubishi
Subaru
Volvo
Jaguar

Toyota should buy them all, clean the mess.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
lots of blame the victim here. Go type in 2010 Chevy Equonox on Edmunds.com. Read the reviews and tell me you would like to own one of these pieces of junk...lol

I'm pretty sure that I didn't blame anybody for anything. Did you quote the correct post?

This type of behavior is easily recognizable, and comes from fans and owners of all brands. Nobody likes for their choices to be "wrong" and, whether they bought a Honda or a Toyota that needs too much work, or a Chrysler or Ford that needs too much work, folks who feel defensive about what they bought will justify it until they're blue in the face. Folks who are not defensive about it will openly admit if there's a problem.

Example: I felt like I had to replace the radiator in our Acura MDX pre-emptively because Honda muffed up the design of the ATF heat exchanger fittings, allowing for the potential of cross-contamination of fluid. Shame, Honda! We still enjoy the car immensely, but it's not perfect -- I've yet to find anything that is.

2010 was the first year and yep it had some issues. Not making any excuse here, but they have been fixed. Never buy a first year anything. Since someone mentioned how good Toyota is in this thread I will bring it in. Remember the First year of the New Tundra? Cam bearing failure? Torque Converter failure and early rust? Happens to a lot of Manufactures.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
Amazing car mfg's peddling cars that don't work or rust instantly in this era.

GM
Mazda
Mitsubishi
Subaru
Volvo
Jaguar

Toyota should buy them all, clean the mess.

HA people are still complaining about Toyotas and rust.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't blame anybody for anything. Did you quote the correct post?

maybe not

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

2010 was the first year and yep it had some issues. Not making any excuse here, but they have been fixed. Never buy a first year anything. Since someone mentioned how good Toyota is in this thread I will bring it in. Remember the First year of the New Tundra? Cam bearing failure? Torque Converter failure and early rust? Happens to a lot of Manufactures.

GM has a history of NOT fixing their first year errors for as long as a decade. I don't buy that they solved their issues in the second year....not in their DNA. I went back to Edmunds and looked at the 2012 reviews. Not as bad as the 2010 but not good either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Silverado12

You can always delete the post.

The delete button may be there, but it doesn't work.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Silverado12

You can always delete the post.

The delete button may be there, but it doesn't work.
confused2.gif

Yes it does appear that way. Just tried it via the edit button and it says, "post can longer be deleted". Hmmmmm, another option is to hit the notify button and ask a mod to delete. Or just do what Silverado12 did.
smile.gif

ok the new jeep Cherokee is off to a good start. 200 miles and the right front wheel is making noise.

My neighbor across the street brought home a brand new 2016 4Runner last week. This morning it wouldn't start, a wrecker just towed it to the dealer.

My neighbor across the street brought home a brand new 2016 4Runner last week. This morning it wouldn't start, a wrecker just towed it to the dealer.

keep us informed

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey

keep us informed

Oh I will, I'm up in all my neighbors' business. Isn't everyone?

It gets worse. A coworker called, his 2015 Camry broke down on the side of the freeway last night while the family was on their way home from Grandmas. While walking to the next exit to get help, a pack of werewolves came out of nowhere and mulled his 6 year old. Terrible tragedy.

It's threads like this that make me laugh, like my neighbor down the street that keeps telling me I should set my Cobalt on fire before it kills me....
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

So are you your neighbors conscious or does he actually make independent decisions that may or may not fall into line with your thought process.

Ummm...the OP's neighbor obviously *did* make an independent decision that did not fall into line with the OP's thought process (buying the Jeep). And the OP *does* have every right to express his opinion on said decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back