need to solve argument with co-worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not usually comment on topics as this. But I am somewhat of a social scientist. I had many minor studies in college simply by my interest. For example I studied theatre, nutrition, soil sciences in addition to biochemistry. My father was a landscape architect (to mention a few areas).

My advise would be to agree with him. Tell him you think that Mobil One is one of the best oils out there, maybe the very best. Then you will be his friend. Next tell him to visit this web site to meet others with the same feelings about the oil.

He will then have to read the many opinions here and will have a better understanding about oil. Then he will be a better OIL PERSON. You and he will be able to discuss oil at a more elevated level and you will both be better for it. You both win.
What is better than that?

aehaas

Mobil 1? Never heard of it. Seriously, "best" could mean cheapest, quietest, longest lasting, best for the money, mpg, best for seals, maybe GC is best because it's the best smelling or colour. Best could even be NOT Mobil 1 because someone does not like Mobil.

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
Mobil 1? Never heard of it. Seriously, "best" could mean cheapest, quietest, longest lasting, best for the money, mpg, best for seals, maybe GC is best because it's the best smelling or colour. Best could even be NOT Mobil 1 because someone does not like Mobil.

Well after a rather uninformative chat with a Mobil rep on their tech line, I've decided to go elsewhere for my oil.

About all I got from them is, "Sorry, we don't give out that information."

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Miller:
Well after a rather uninformative chat with a Mobil rep on their tech line, I've decided to go elsewhere for my oil.

About all I got from them is, "Sorry, we don't give out that information."

That will occur no matter where you go. But you need to talk to the technical depart. I don't have the number right now, But the publicity drone y0u talked to will give it to if you ask. Those guys are pretty forthright with information.

quote:

Originally posted by 1sttruck:

High buck racing isn't a good example of what works well as most engines are considered consumables. At least look at what they use for endurance racing instead of 'sprint races' like NASCAR.

Soo true, heck dragsters use only water in their radiator, so I should too?

I'm not saying that M1 is the best but for those that don't think it's "One Of THE Best", maybe this will convince you. I work with a guy that has been running the same M1 EP in his 4.3L Sonoma with the same Purolator Pure One filter for 70,000 miles (no typo). The truck has 170,000 miles on it and he drives it HARD. I told him he should keep it in there for another 30,000 more for a grand total (drum roll please)of 100,000 miles.

I'd like to see that UOA!

It was a pre public release of the product. The vehicle in question has been travelling between racetracks and continually going around in ovals 24/7 since receiving the oil. Drivers are swapped out every 4 hours. Catheratized relief tubes are installed to facilitate longer drive time with ample amounts of liguid during the driving events.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
It was a pre public release of the product. The vehicle in question has been travelling between racetracks and continually going around in ovals 24/7 since receiving the oil. Drivers are swapped out every 4 hours. Catheratized relief tubes are installed to facilitate longer drive time with ample amounts of liguid during the driving events.

How about keeping your stup!d comments between you and your dog.
BTW: What is liguid?

In the US (where Exxon XD3 isn't available) Mobil 1 is probably the best synthetic lubricant at the price point, as it's often commonly available, almost none of the products are turkeys, and some of the products are candidates for best in class (Delvac 1). You can usually find more exotic and in a lot of cases better performing products at any price point, although they tend to have more specialized range of applciations.

High buck racing isn't a good example of what works well as most engines are considered consumables. At least look at what they use for endurance racing instead of 'sprint races' like NASCAR.

Well, I could understand both words, but to correct spelling for all it's liquid not (liguid), and it's stupid not (stup!d).

Now I will tell you what's stupid, calling an Adm stupid. Now I feel the big padlock coming.

"How about keeping your stup!d comments between you and your dog."

If you're going to lock the thread make it educational or at least entertaining.

quote:

Warstud
Member # 8915

Poor guy. Per his profile he is a Rocket Scientist, who is interested in Rocket powered cars.

Gary let out his little secret so he wants to pout about it. Lets see, he is from Michigan. (if that is true) Wonder what industry he works for. Oh, I know he designs intake gaskets for GM!

quote:

Originally posted by Warstud:

quote:

How about keeping your stup!d comments between you and your dog.
BTW: What is liguid?

Wow, insults one of the nicest people on the board.Brilliant.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Well, I could understand both words, but to correct spelling for all it's liquid not (liguid), and it's stupid not (stup!d).

Now I will tell you what's stupid, calling an Adm stupid. Now I feel the big padlock coming.

No, the "big padlock" is for for threads in which mere mortal members get unjustly insulted. Unjustly insulting an Administrator -- that's more like just sending out a "please ban me now" request. . .
rolleyes.gif

Welp ..... out of my long standing policy for full face abuse. I'll have to take the hit
grin.gif

Warstud ..no offense intended. I just throw out some spontanious humor every once and a while to get a chuckle out of everyone. Sometimes it backfires.

..but, kindly, in the future ... just try and be a kinder and more gentle poster.
smile.gif

My dog won't talk to me anymore.
frown.gif

quote:

Welp ..... out of my long standing policy for full face abuse. I'll have to take the hit
grin.gif

Warstud ..no offense intended. I just throw out some spontanious humor every once and a while to get a chuckle out of everyone. Sometimes it backfires.

..but, kindly, in the future ... just try and be a kinder and more gentle poster.
smile.gif

My dog won't talk to me anymore.
frown.gif

Oh come on Gary, you're just waaaaay too nice. I was looking forward to you coming back with a good story about how you decisively banished him for all eternity. How he pleaded for mercy, but you would hear none of it. The omnipotent satisfaction you took as, with finality, you pushed the "smite" button on your keyboard (little known, undocumented function, Shift-F7, I think it is...). I guess I'll have to go elsewhere for this evening's sadistic satisfaction. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Oh come on Gary, you're just waaaaay too nice.

(thought cloud formed)

self: See? They didn't identify my passive response as a counter attack!!

other self: Yes, I see. Your plan is working perfectly. They think you're "real"
shocked.gif

self:
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back