Need extended oci filter recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that a Bosch Distance Plus would be good. Also a Fram Extended Guard is a long OCI filter and has good construction.

For 8k any standard filter would do that,WIX,NG,P1,but if you want better protection and longer OCI(10k+) capability's try a RP,EAO,fleetguard,AC UPF.

For how it's built, how much it costs, and how easily available they are, a Fram Xtented Guard is a pretty good choice.

A PureONE or a Distance Plus will filter better but I personally would not run a P1 that long. Just my opinion.

Then again, on a 15 year old car, I don't think it'll matter all that much what you use.

well I just got done txting my bro and figured out that he does about 1500 miles a month. so for 8 month mileage figure I was off... by alot. lol

more like 12,000 miles in that time frame.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Looking at going 8k+ OCI with my bro's 95 grand am.

What brand filter(s) should I be looking at?

Over what time frame in daily driving will this 8k occur? What's the annual mileage?

Is that the 3100 V6? I'd vote for the Fram Xtended Guard or a Napa Gold/Wix. On my mom's 3100 there's room to use the oversized Fram 3980 or the Wix 1036 size, if you have room for it that's what I'd use.

Any premium filter can go 8k miles; P1, M1, Wix/NG, "better" Fram filters, Donaldson, Strat's, etc.

Choose one that meets your price point and availability requirements.

I just caught the mileage/month thing.

6month OCI with filter changes. 20k would be a stretch for anything except an EaO. 15k would be doable with most at a varied level of filtration.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
20k would be a stretch for anything except an EaO.

Ahh a RP,UPF,Fleetguard StrataPore could do it as well....

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
How do I know this to be true?

So the Eao is the only filter for 20K? hardly, there's nothing in the EAO that's any better then the three i posted above.

talking to the manufacture of the above filters witch i did lately states whatever the vehicles OCI is these filters are fully compatible to handle it, heck even Purolator said that for the P1.

so 3,000 or 20,000 there fully capable.

lol.gif
Okay, I'll take your word for it. From those man's, I'll demand it in PRINT on company logo on the box (or other verifiable bona fide company literature).
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back