Need a new clutch in my 09 matrix, trd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I seen the aisin kit on rockauto for 146 dollars. If I were to go with this stock kit would installing a lightweight flywheel give a noticeable performance increase?

Originally Posted By: FLORIDA
I love the matrix but after having it a few years I'm getting bored and want to put a little money in it to liven it up. Perhaps a sporty lowering kit (not too much), maybe a body kit if I can find something classy looking.

A lowering and body kit will probably look awful and tacky. Way too boy racer. However, a TRD supercharger would be a great idea if they make one for that application. A quality clutch kit and a bunch of preventative maintenance would be my focus on 7 yr old car with 160k on it.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I love the matrix but after having it a few years I'm getting bored and want to put a little money in it to liven it up. Perhaps a sporty lowering kit (not too much), maybe a body kit if I can find something classy looking.

A lowering and body kit will probably look awful and tacky. Way too boy racer. However, a TRD supercharger would be a great idea if they make one for that application. A quality clutch kit and a bunch of preventative maintenance would be my focus on 7 yr old car with 160k on it.

Saw a Matrix in Key West a few months back lowered. It looked worse then awful for real plus it is a good way to suck up water in the nasty Florida rain.

Yea I seen the aisin kit on rockauto for 146 dollars. If I were to go with this stock kit would installing a lightweight flywheel give a noticeable performance increase?

Lighter flywheel means the engine can rev up faster; but it doesn't add power in the process. The engine just has less mass to accelerate. But it comes at a cost: less mass that retains energy and making takeoff harder. Let the clutch out too fast without enough throttle, and it will be easier to stall.

[I'd also think it may lead to increased NVH--less mass to dampen engine vibrations.]

In a racing car, or one attempting to be one, no problem. Daily driver, and I'm not sure I'd go that way. If anything, I'd be willing to go heavier, for easier taking off, even if it means a bit less "livelyness" when given the boot. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back