Need a new cell phone battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local rat shack wants $50 for a house brand.

I just spent an hour searching the internet for a new one. Found prices from $1.48?? to $29.95. All sorts of stuff, used, new, NOS oem, who knows what.

Would like to hear from anyone who has done this and is happy with the vender. My inclination at the moment is to go with Batterys4less but am open to other suggestions.
What do you think?

They are all chinese batteries no matter where they are from, go ahead and search for the cheapest. Amazon.com has been good to me in the past.

I'd just get the cheapest one you can find on eBay. I've purchased and used a few cheapo iPod batteries from eBay and they work just fine. As Solo2Driver said, they are all from China, and I'd be willing to bet most come the same factory.

In fact, I just installed a $6.99 (shipped) eBay battery today for my iPod and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Buy one from ebay but make sure it is from a seller with very high feedback and number of sales.

+1 and if you are worried about the sub $5 battery, buy two, one is likely good. Actually both are.

I just bought 4 batteries for my cordless phones this way, $15 shipped to my home.

So far, so good.

I just bought one off eBay from a seller called "smilesrfreee" for 1/3 the price of any other internet vendor. It's been two months and the rechargable battery (BT51) is going strong.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Buy one from ebay but make sure it is from a seller with very high feedback and number of sales.

+1 and if you are worried about the sub $5 battery, buy two, one is likely good. Actually both are.

I just bought 4 batteries for my cordless phones this way, $15 shipped to my home.

So far, so good.

+2, I also go for a seller with very high feed back and have had good results over the past few years. I have had a short lived battery or two but am still money ahead, by far.

Consider a new phone.
I tried getting batteries, and spent less for new phones on sale!
Even if it is a little more, you can update to new features and quality.

Agree with Mechtech, by the time the battery conks out, it's probably time for a new one. 2 years or so is all you can really expect out of most phones these days.

If you really just want a new battery, I would go OEM. Not all batteries are made in China, the one in my Blackberry was made in Japan. IMO, the Japanese cells are better, they seem to have better quality control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back