Natalie Holloway=who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ediamiam:
I thought it was interesting that the hysterical mom proclaimed that the boys that were involved should have been arrested and 'made to talk'. Invoked visions of torture to elicit a confession and I was thinking maybe the US govt could kidnap them and send them to Gitmo for that 'torture'.

I don't fault the mother, she has figured out how to play the Aruban and Alabama gumnts and some US news networks like cheap fiddle. I admire her tenacity and ingeneousness.

The problem is that too many organizations and people are jumping through her hoops. Aruba is afraid of losing tourism, the Alabama legislature is pandering and the news networks are providing bread and circuses.

Well if you don't find it interesting, I invite you to not read it anymore.
Calling for locking the thread says more about controlling content to a point of view rather than calling for a lock because of something being said that is offenssive.
The mods made a huge mistake by responding to such calls of the few in the past resulting in closeures of other threads. It empowered bullies.
When someone says something one does't like, it becomes a shutdown campaign.
If one disagrees with a point of view, try to make your points, rather than thread closure.
ON TOPIC
The family has used the pressure of the media to get some traction on this case, when the Arubans were in the process of sweeping it under the rug.
Good for them.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Tard - your material is just as speculative as any missing persons case. Just because you WANT it to be true, does not make it so.

It's 'Tard.
grin.gif

Please explain what 'it' you are referring to.

'Tard one thing you need to realize is that I am the last person that actually wants thread lockage. My comment is tic - as is the call for wnw's classic graphic.

As for the case itself.....I remain in the no comment fence saddlers camp. In politics this may not be good......but in criminal cases I think my geographic distance makes it difficult for a Holmes fan such as myself to gather facts.

I concur with the original point. Any other child gets, at best, their picture on a flyer, or the side of a milk carton (Have you seen this child?). But Natalie and the missing bride (thankfully I've already forgotten her name) get breathless round-the-clock coverage.

We are being dumbed down......
way, way, doWWNNN.

Another triviality networks are incoporating -
Live HELICOPTER CAM OF FREEWAY CAR CHASES!!!!

I think it's the continued sexualizing/objectifying/human perfectionalizing of our society by our media. There aren't many ugly men in these stupid *** "news"
rolleyes.gif
stories, only beautiful girls.

quote:

Originally posted by 'Tard:
If not this story, then what should they focus on?
If they focused more on the dirtiest politics we've ever seen in history, you would just get more reactions like Pablo's above.
News isn't news anymore, it's infotainment.

Bingo.

I must say that: Fox.........Cnn the dichotemy in bias is as bad as ever. CNN's coverage of the new Supreme Court nominee is laughably biased. Fox seems to cover way to much infotainment type stuff, more on the entertainment side of it. They're laughable too.

What would you rather have reported, a beautiful missing blonde, a ** in the oval office, or a dirty trickster caught outing an undercover agent weakening intelligence, making the USA less safe?

quote:

Originally posted by 'Tard:
What would you rather have reported, a beautiful missing blonde, a ** in the oval office, or a dirty trickster caught outing an undercover agent weakening intelligence, making the USA less safe?

I'm curious, what was the ** before the censors got involved? I was thinking maybe the first two letters of Horse, but that's old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back