Natalie Holloway=who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me. Fox news should just change their name to the Natalie Halloway mystery channel. If you think this is a "tragedy" you might want to reconsider if the media would give the same attention if she was fat, ugly and 50 years old. How many unsolved missing person cases are there in the US right now? Which one is being run into the ground?
thumbsdown.gif
to the media on their overkill on this story.

That is always the case. Think about the Lindbergh baby. How many babies are kidnapped and this one got such coverage. It was because Lindy was a hero. Same thing with Natalie Halloway. This case involves a high ranking politician on Aruba, at least his son. I've heard some say that if she was black there wouldn't be the coverage. I don't believe that. Part of it too is that it happened in a place where anyone might visit on a vacation so it could happen to anyone. The media is going to overkill anything as long as it makes them money!

quote:

Originally posted by drive it forever:
Fox news should just change their name to the Natalie Halloway mystery channel.

You hit the nail on the head. The problem IS FOX NEWS.

quote:

If you think this is a "tragedy" you might want to reconsider if the media would give the same attention if she was fat, ugly and 50 years old. How many unsolved missing person cases are there in the US right now?[/QB]

More directly, how much fuss would there be if an Aruban teenager dissapeared under suspicious circumstances in Alabama?

The Alabama Legislature passed a resolution stating that Alabamans should boycot Aruba until the Holaway case is resolved.

Don't they have bigger crime problems at home to work on?

The problem is Fox News? Give me a break!!!

The REAL problem is ALL the news. CNN is such a biased joke, it's no wonder they are losing watchers.

As for the case itself - yes it's hyped.

I am soooooo sick of this story. If they ever solve the case and all the hype somehow goes away..Sean Hannity will have to find another story. But were are getting too close to Papa Oscar Lima Tango India Charlie Sierra here.

If not this story, then what should they focus on?
If they focused more on the dirtiest politics we've ever seen in history, you would just get more reactions like Pablo's above.
News isn't news anymore, it's infotainment.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
I'm still not sure why FOX even came up in this thread.......

FOX has become the Natalie News channel. They have overexposed this story more than any other so called news channel.

No matter which channel is on, when I hear the name Natalie or Karl Rove I'm changing the channel.

Come to think of it, I haven't watched network news in a very long time. Their days of monopoly are long over, but someone forgot to tell them.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
I guess I just watch the TV news in passing....some hotels only have CNN and it's Natalie 24/7.

You've got me there because I would rather hit my head with a hammer than watch CNN.

I thought it was interesting that the hysterical mom proclaimed that the boys that were involved should have been arrested and 'made to talk'. Invoked visions of torture to elicit a confession and I was thinking maybe the US govt could kidnap them and send them to Gitmo for that 'torture'.

quote:

Originally posted by ediamiam:
I thought it was interesting that the hysterical mom proclaimed that the boys that were involved should have been arrested and 'made to talk'. Invoked visions of torture to elicit a confession and I was thinking maybe the US govt could kidnap them and send them to Gitmo for that 'torture'.

Or they could have put them on a CIA rendition flight to Syria. Those boys woulda said anything anybody'd want them to say.

Well neither of the complainers answered the question.
One is now lobbying for the thread to be shut down, and the other is enamored with asterisks, and calling that old news. The point is that it was never news, it was sensational gossip.
When real news comes out, like the outing of an operative for political gain and then lying about it, some folks don't want to hear it (bury head in sand, shoot the messenger) or are apathetic.
You wonder why there is so much fluff news... because many folks don't want news, they want sensational stories, sharkbites, tornado damage, missing blondes, and now the newest horror child abductions. The motto used to be "If it bleeds it leads", now its "If its young, cute and missing, it leads".
Fox is basically adversarial and interruptive blabbering, CNN is preachy, even some Court TV blonde babblers work to further an bias of guilt, and when it doesn't go their way they bemoan the flawed system.
Too much editorializing and not enough of 'just the facts m'am'.
Don't get me wrong, some readers are great and ask questions that makes one think without perverting the facts, but in general the rest are selling their ego's and trying to make controversy where there isn't any, with false facts or 'modified' facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back