Napa FS VS QSFS

Have been running Napa FS in 2017 Outback and 2015 Odyssey both 0W20. Debating on going to QSFS price is about the same. Is one better than the other or am I splinting hairs?

Both are excellent oil. Buy whichever is cheaper.
NAPA 0W-20 is Valvoline Synpower.
QSFS 0W-20 is always OoS at WM especially later in the day. Employees stock them up on the shelves every morning but gets sold out quickly during the day.

Christmas came early for me this morning. My '22 F150 5.0 loves it.
IMG_4538.jpeg

Napa Synthetic is on sale now. I would stock up if you want to continue using it. Valvoline no longer sells the synpower under their brand, they may continue for Napa or they may transition to their "advanced" line at a higher price like they did at Walmart.

I am on my first run of QSFS and think its fine. Not sure how I would know either way. I plan to run it again on the upcoming change as I have another jug left.

I’ve used both. I prefer QSFS, don’t have a solid quantifiable reason why. I got great UOAs on NAPA synthetic in my wife’s traverse.

I have a strange urge to crawl under my truck. View attachment 131805
NICE!

I have a 21 F150 with the 5.0. I started her off last summer on Mobil1, primarily because QSFS was sold out in my area (supply chain-can't wait till that phrase is a blast from the past) M1 also had their rebate this past summer. Next change we are going QSFS though. Already have the oil (not as much as you) and filter. How do you like the Champ 500XL? I am using the Motorcraft FL500S, but I like the looks of the Champ.

NICE!

I have a 21 F150 with the 5.0. I started her off last summer on Mobil1, primarily because QSFS was sold out in my area (supply chain-can't wait till that phrase is a blast from the past) M1 also had their rebate this past summer. Next change we are going QSFS though. Already have the oil (not as much as you) and filter. How do you like the Champ 500XL? I am using the Motorcraft FL500S, but I like the looks of the Champ.
QSFS is fairly easy to get here in ENC, the FL500S's on the other hand have been a pain. Was utilizing M1 212A's, but those have been increasing hard to find too. I bought a case of 6 Champs off of RockAuto for like $36 shipped. I'll be doing another analysis in about 3k miles. If the numbers are good, I'll stick with them. The walls feel a little thin and they're a little narrower than a M1, but cheap! Only time will tell. Reviews and disassembly of them on YouTube seem good.

Back