Napa Exceptional Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on my Expedition brake job, I had a problem with an online rotor purchase from Car iD. They sent the wrong rotor and it took me 16 days to get it resolved and get my money back. AutoZone gave me a right caliper in a left caliper box.
These things happen, I get it, but that doesn't help the frustration level.
I was cleaning and lubing up the rear brakes and notice one of the stainless hardware slide shims was cracked and starting to corrode. Went to AutoZone again, since they were the only ones who had it in stock, but they are some sort of coated steel, not stainless.
Now to Napa. It was a shot in the dark, but it was on the way home, so I stopped in at Napa. I asked for the part and silently the counterperson spent quite a while clicking on the computer, comes out from the back with a box of pads.
He told me they do not have the stainless hardware pieces in stock, but pulled the package from the box of pads, sold them to me and said he will order another set of hardware and replace them into the box.
This allowed me to continue with the brake job, using quality parts.
I thought this was exceptional personalized service and he said "that's what we do"
Shoutout to Napa!

I try to do that when I can. To be honest a lot depends on the customer. If it is one who treats my counter people with a lot of disrespect then the part will have to be ordered and they can wait. If they treat them like a fellow human being then I will go out of my way to help them.

Originally Posted by diyjake
I think it was just this store or more likely just this salesperson was just being an awesome person.

Has to be, my Napa is not that friendly. Last time there I bought 2 Gold oil filters and used the 10% off if ordered online and paid for them when I picked them up. When I went to pick them up the price was higher than the printed out sheet I brought in, long story short they would not honor my order, he said the website was wrong, so I left without buying them.

Last edited:
Yep, I've had my local Napa yank things like caliper pin bushings off a complete assembly for me. It depends on who's working the counter though.

Not knocking the AA,AZ or O'Reilly counter personnel, but it seems a lot of times they are just regular folks who are hired to look up a part on a computer based on what vehicle you tell them. Our local NAPA store seems to be staffed by more of a real car enthusiast, or someone who has worked in the industry as a career. And as far as quality is concerned, I've found NAPA's top tier line to be far superior to the so called discount auto parts stores parts. The're parts usually a little more expensive, but to me worth it.

Many NAPA stores in my experience have presses and still cut rotors/drums.
Alternators, brakes and an AC compressor seemed of good quality.

This latest batch of auto stores is particularly sterile.

My local Napa is staffed by several old salt types.
You might get a gruff response when you walk in but when it comes down to it they really know the job.

I'll gladly pay a few dollars more if I'm in a pinch and those guys help me out.

I applied for The Napa Store manager training program last year. I came in second unfortunately but. I interviewed with three people and was really impressed with the culture and attitude.

Wow that is great service!

Unfortunately NAPA stores around here have shuttered as we're largely a DIFM demographic.

Always felt well treated by knowledgeable and competent staff when shopping there during years past.

A NAPA manager told me the starter they gave me, that couldn't be installed because the bolt holes were in the wrong place, was correct and my mechanic didn't know what he was doing. I had to threaten to call NAPA headquarters before I got my money back. Haven't been back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back