Name something you used to always do but don't/rarely do anymore.

Go to the local teams baseball games. Life has just gotten way too busy for that anymore. Also go to movie theaters used too all the time but life gets busy. We are talking about maybe going to a movie Thursday or something.

Video games. While i do enjoy them and think about them quite often i haven’t played anything in over a year. Mostly because life gets in the way or there are more interesting physical things i like working on.
This. I can't ever really shake the knowledge that I'm just sitting there for hours doing nothing but moving my thumbs. Makes it hard to enjoy playing.

What kills me is that I'll have the cruise set in the young seventies and the fools will be all over themselves with braking when they spot a cop running speed from the median.
I know that the cops couldn't care less about anything less than ten over, so I just maintain speed and cruise on by.
Out here across the desert everyone but me and the trucks is running 85+ . The chp wont mess with you under 100..

Basketball. Played nearly every day into my 30s and kept at it two mornings a week until COVID shut it down. I tried playing with a mask on and just couldn't do it. I quit. Three years later I tried to pick it back up, but the shoulders died and I just couldn't play. Instead of getting after it and getting back into shape, I just called it a career. I do miss it, but it's a young, athletic game and we all get phased out.

I always have to eat breakfast! My Lucky Charms were magically delicious this morning.
"Tis luck to catch a leprechaun, but nobody can, for if they did, they'd catch me Lucky Charms! Aieee!*"

* As the leprechaun is caught by a child.

I have way too much brain sludge from too many childhood TV commercials.

Play hockey ... the equipment bag is still up there hanging in the garage, and I keep thinking I'll get back to it, but the years go by ...

Run. I did 13 marathons, and any number of shorter races, but broke my leg skiing in early 2018, and now have some titanium in my R femur. Running would be unwise.

Drink Slurpees. I loved them when I was 15 and 16, and can't imagine drinking one now.

I used to slam a 6 pack of beer every day.
Alcohol is bad news with aging.

I used to play two hours of four wall handball 6 days per week. I would sweat out the previous days 6 pack of beer.

I am physically unable to do this anymore.

The circle of life.

- Night drives. Used to do pretty often to clear my mind and mentally reset. Haven't done one in years, unless we count work commute, which doesn't count in my opinion. Not the same effect at all.
- Drive fast. I used to be the guy who tests every cars true top speed. Playing automotive "checkers" at triple digit speeds was the norm.
1000023776.jpg

These days 5-10MPH over the speed limit is where I reside. And I'm happy with that. Slowing down to enjoy life seems to bring more satisfaction than that adrenaline rush from cheating death.

Play hockey ... the equipment bag is still up there hanging in the garage, and I keep thinking I'll get back to it, but the years go by ...

Run. I did 13 marathons, and any number of shorter races, but broke my leg skiing in early 2018, and now have some titanium in my R femur. Running would be unwise.

Drink Slurpees. I loved them when I was 15 and 16, and can't imagine drinking one now.
Had a grape one the other day. Delicious but got the Slurpee brain freeze

Back