My truck just turned 20, should I keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I have no intentions of getting rid of it. It's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Bought it new in 1992, and it's still going strong. The "Sport" model was available as an option for a few years in the late '80s and early '90s. The Sport versions came with 5.7 v8, short bed, bucket seats and console, posi-rear, painted bumpers, blacked-out grille, fog lamps and special wheels (as used on the Super Sport models). I've just had the hood painted, and I painted the grille and front bumper myself. It now has 136K on it, and I'm using Rotella T5 10w-30.

Last edited:
Oh [heck] no. You don't get rid of that

thumbsup2.gif

you must be in a rust free part of the west, we had a similar truck yrs back that i wish we still had, but the body was fairly cancer ridden by the time she gave up the will to live around 300k miles. - i forget if it was the engine or the tranny, it belonged to my B.I.L. by then...but it was definitely a terminal failure..

Originally Posted By: earlyre
you must be in a rust free part of the west, we had a similar truck yrs back that i wish we still had, but the body was fairly cancer ridden by the time she gave up the will to live around 300k miles. - i forget if it was the engine or the tranny, it belonged to my B.I.L. by then...but it was definitely a terminal failure..

Oops, I'm on the east coast, my profile needed correcting. Those are eastern pines in the pic! I've kept the truck in the garage or under the carport most of its life.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Nice rig! There is something hard about getting rid of a good pickup you've had for years. More so then a car, there is a certain bond that is formed with a good pickup. Even when the ol boy gets scratched,dented, and rusty he still has enough charcter to keep around. The same cant be said for a old beat up sports car.

nice truck. I wish I could keep old vehicles around. but my wife insists that I can't take our baby in my old 96 sunfire. she thinks it is unsafe and my in laws look down on old cars. lol

Keep it. I had an 89 I should have kept, but with almost 200,000 miles on it and most of that towing it was time to move on.

That is one good looking truck and to me, the best body style, beside the 67-72 trucks that GM has ever made.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

That is one good looking truck and to me, the best body style, beside the 67-72 trucks that GM has ever made.

I like 88-98 and 67-72 trucks as well, but to me the epitome of GM trucks is the 73-87/91 body.

I agree with the others here. Keep'er runnin' and drive it forever. It's in great shape according to the picture and after 20 years, she can't owe you anything. Looks like a real nice truck to drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back