My travel tools - updated!

20220915_085645.jpg

Packout plate screwed down with 1/4-20 screws and T nuts.

20220915_085651.jpg

I used a peice of MDF so the T-nuts would have something to bite into. I sealed it with some Valspar grip paint on the top and bottom.

20220915_085721.jpg

My two Packout boxes.

20220915_085727.jpg

All is hidden under the factory shade.

Last edited:
Do you perform mobile helicopter tracking and balancing, or propeller balancing? Your setup is really neat!
I dont carry the T&B kit unless I have one to do. It's just nice to have my own kit instead of the one that travels around with the MicroVib. It's usually incomplete or just a mess.

WOW!

Overkill for a travel kit, but impressive.
I wouldn't say overkill. You never know what's going to break or where.

This also allows me to work at other bases/hangars during a heavy check or other maintenance event with my own tools.

I dont carry the T&B kit unless I have one to do. It's just nice to have my own kit instead of the one that travels around with the MicroVib. It's usually incomplete or just a mess.

I wouldn't say overkill. You never know what's going to break or where.

This also allows me to work at other bases/hangars during a heavy check or other maintenance event with my own toolw

Gorgeous!
That looks so organized! Awesome!
Very neat and tidy! I admire people who can keep their tools organized to the T.
Super well executed and clearly well thought out.

Thanks guys. I've been working on this for a while.

After working the EC135 for three years now, I've got a good idea of what I should have with me and what is more functional. It has been an evolution for sure.

Back