My Oil Stash (GC & PP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!

When I first joined this site, I thought it was crazy that people would actually buy more oil than they needed. I've been blown away by some of the oil stashes you guys have shown.

Well, my thoughts have changed and I have now become an official BITOG oil stasher! I don't have a lot or a big assorment, but it's a start.

Below is my stash of Green GC & the new Pennzoil Platinum. There are 38 quarts (M03 & M04)of the green stuff that will be going into my '00 Grand Am GT with ~100K. There are 65 quarts of the Platinum which will be used in my '05 Mazda3 SP23. However, only about 35-40 quarts are 5w20 for the Mazda. The other quarts are 5w30 and 10w30. Both the 30 weights will be used in my dad's 04 Colorado Z-71. I just want to point out I was the annoying member during the month of February that kept bragging about getting Platinum for $1.99 at Wal-Mart! I spent a total of $137.15 on all 65 quarts. What's more impressive is that I saved $174.20 over regular price ($4.52/qt.).

OK, enough talky talky...

103 quarts
 -

Thanks to all of you that have converted me to an official BITOG oil stasher!

cheers.gif

[ March 13, 2006, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: mshu7 ]

Hey sude, how proper of you to be the first one to reply!

Only 500 more miles to go until the Mazda gets to experience the Platinum! I've been driving the heck out of it lately so I can get it in there sooner.

Congrats! You broke the 100qt barrier!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Good deals are hard to pass on and the cost of oil is always going up. I think it's a good investment. Others may disagree. I have a few cars at home to maintain, so stocking up saves $$$.
I just changed my wife's Malibu Maxx oil this weekend. I'm now down to 355 quarts.

Motor on...
burnout.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Zaedock:
Congrats! You broke the 100qt barrier!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot to give my grand total. Fixed it, thanks!

Wow, 355 is crazy (not a bad crazy though)!!!

quote:

Originally posted by mshu7:
Hey sude, how proper of you to be the first one to reply!

Only 500 more miles to go until the Mazda gets to experience the Platinum! I've been driving the heck out of it lately so I can get it in there sooner.

smile.gif

I just bought a case of the PP (no big-time deal like you got
frown.gif
) and it will be going in my car within the month! w00t!!!

I thought my 60 quarts was enough, maybe not...

I use Synthetic now ( Love the PP...), but I saw Havoline for 1.25/Qt, so I bought a case in case of a "dire situation".
grin.gif

You know, like "Mad Max & Road Warrior" - anyone else get those visions & wanna keep a stock just in case...???

shocked.gif

Whenever I get the 'URGE' I go to Wallys and buy a few Trop Arctic Semi Syn. If I really get the'Urge' I go to AZ for a GC fix. I've gone from 6qt to 1 or 2. Always keep some in the cars in case I run across the Royal Purple Demo guy. WAHAHAHAHAAAAA.
grin.gif

7808 and 23699 just dont have the same full body and aroma as GC .
frown.gif

I'm very close to 100 quarts right now (but I buy all kinds of crap). But things like forgetting to put the drain plug back in my wife's CR-V set me back on my platinum.
shocked.gif

As if all that 3-k changed M1 didn't make my used oil barrel desireable...

All lined up like soldiers waiting to fight the war against heat and friction. With the GC leading the way, and a wider flank to the right from the second wave of PP, bearings everywhere are enjoying the freedom to rotate quietly. Nice!

That is a high falootin' stash.

Mine is 75% dino... 130-150 quart total. 4 gallons of Delo 30, etc., useful but slightly less useful.

When 5 quarts of castrol GTX is $10.80 or so at walmart, that platinum is an even better deal.
cheers.gif

Well, I got PP for $2.00/qt (reg. price $4.52). Most of the GC I purchased was when AZ was having a Castrol sale.

I'll live with the chance that the oil companies are going to improve the forumlas because I saved quite a bit of money this way. And it's not like these are bad oils...they are some of the best in fact if you aren't familiar with either of them.

rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back