My new car.

Your coming off extremely desperate,which is a mistake in buying anything. You seriously need to stop, seriously stop and think about your next move,your mind is racing.

Second, your not very knowledgeable about automobiles and that's fine.Thats why I tried to tell you earlier about bringing someone alongside with you to look at vehicles. Also this vehicle is not prestine,very far from it.This car will need work regardless of what you are told just because of its age.

You know I'm thinking about maybe bailing out on the Subaru?

I didn't say not paying the guy, screwing someone. I mean maybe getting out of the car.. scrap sell or fix and sell.
Why not just use the money to fix the Subaru instead of diving into some new unknown? The devil that you know...

And please have some dignity and pay the shop for the work they did on it instead of trying to find greener grass on the other side.

The car looks like a Jaguar. (J30)

Sevier than an X-type

It looks like an X type mixed with an XJ.
if you want something that looks like a jag, just get the real one. the 95-97 xj6 is as rock solid as an old car can be and they can be had for pennies.

but given your situation any 30 year old uncommon beater is probably not the best idea. public transportation isn’t half bad in most places 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
You misconstrue me here.

I'm asking.. I want to hear more from the people that say NAY!

I'm hearing "No" and "Don't buy." I would like to ask more as to the WHY?

I'm not going to throw it back in anyone's face, if that's a concern.

The Subaru is at best on hold, might even go away...
As others said, not enough info. What's the mileage and the asking price?

In general I would pass on any 27 year old car. You're not exactly in a rust free state and for me rust starts to show up after 10 years. Parts get harder to find, they're no longer in the junkyards and you're buying a low volume car. What's wrong with your Taurus?

The big problem IMO is being such a low production niche car, there's no others on the road. Parts availability I imagine isn't that good.

I'd get something more mass produced.

You misconstrue me here.

I'm asking.. I want to hear more from the people that say NAY!

I'm hearing "No" and "Don't buy." I would like to ask more as to the WHY?

I'm not going to throw it back in anyone's face, if that's a concern.

The Subaru is at best on hold, might even go away...

Because you aren't mechanically inclined and have an extensive history of "project buys" like this going sideways.

You'd arguably be much better served saving up enough money to buy something that isn't going to potentially take your wallet for a walk. Something cheap to own that's going to be low maintenance. An elderly luxury car is not that car unless it's a Town Car or something, and that's not REALLY a luxury car in many folks' mind.

If you buy this car and next week the trans takes a dump and it's $2K, is that a workable scenario for you?

What happened to the Taurus?

Because you aren't mechanically inclined and have an extensive history of "project buys" like this going sideways.

You'd arguably be much better served saving up enough money to buy something that isn't going to potentially take your wallet for a walk. Something cheap to own that's going to be low maintenance. An elderly luxury car is not that car unless it's a Town Car or something, and that's not REALLY a luxury car in many folks' mind.

If you buy this car and next week the trans takes a dump and it's $2K, is that a workable scenario for you?

What happened to the Taurus?

The Taurus is fine but mom wants her car back.

It's actually getting something done to it tomorrow give me 15 minutes I'll be inside a table to safely reply

Taurus.

20210107_235601.jpg

Going through the EZ Pass right now let's let the train wrecks be online instead of in real life

The Taurus is fine but mom wants her car back.

It's actually getting something done to it tomorrow give me 15 minutes I'll be inside a table to safely reply

Ahhhh, there's the missing bit! So the Taurus isn't your car, got it.

Well, if your mother would allow you the time to save up for something that's less likely to play out in the manner in which this is likely, then I think you would be wise to take advantage of that and find something reliable, newer, with lower miles that won't be needy.

Then don't ask for opinions on a public forum.

Any nearly 30 year old car is bound to need work.
Yea and given that parts may not be available or have to be ordered, IMHO I would not make this as my main vehicle. Its 27 years old dude even if its low miles alot of the engine bay pastics are going to be egg shell brittle which will be a majorr PIA when you're trying to fix things . I would skip this, trust me I have a 05 GTO that has been garage kept since day one and meticulously maintained and alot of the plastics have gotten so brittle that sneezing on them breaks them.

Okay cool. Now I can catch up etc.

Now. Where were we...

Okay. another thing I like about this car? it has NO DENTS! Might be irrelevant to some, but I feel a car that isn't being sold because it has dings .. Well it just looks better anyways. Look at a car with a dent vs no dent.

I didn’t realize the J30 was a low production car until I googled the figures. Strange because those cars were extremely common in Dallas back in the mid 90’s.

Back