My new car.

Okay. I am VERY SOON to ACTUALLY BUY and have for my own this car... Last chance to either (try to) talk me out of it, or maybe this is The One.

It is a 1993 Infiniti J30.

Thoughts? Etc (about the car.)
20210107_081414.jpg
20210107_081334.jpg
20210107_081345.jpg
20210107_081358.jpg

Oh by the way.. That's frost, on a cold morning.

Thank you in advance for any insight on YEA or NEA on it.

Why do I feel like "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" with this.

1993_infiniti_j30_sedan_base_fq_oem_1_815.jpg

as a second car why not. if you want to own an old infiniti i’d go get a really early Q45, they were cool cars with the worst advertising in automotive history

Just before "Rocks and trees" commercial lol.

Folks. I like this car because it's like an Unadvertised Special. I get to give it the once-over tomorrow, but it appears loved and seller says perfect condition. Being up close to car I only see a little rust part on a doorbell and none else. It's looking good so far.

Getting a feel, putting my foot in the water here.

So far I get the feeling BITOG ain't liking this one...

It would replace Subaru as primary.. that car is now lab rat and I may sell but I don't even know that yet. But if someone wanted to buy it? Yes.

After paying for the Subaru how do you have enough money left over for this car?

Other way around. Subaru "Needs a transmission solenoid now" that magically failed when engine went in.. So be it.

Subie will probably come back in a couple weeks and sit in my garage, is what I'm thinking.

As if BITOG ever talked you out of anything before.

Touche.

But. If the Subaru sucks now...

Okay how about this. WHY I LIKE THIS CAR:
1. Looks good (to me)
2. Condition (said to be) Pristine
3. I need a car and the Subaru hasn't been "returned to reliable service)" yet. It's more "Let's see how this turns out" status.

This would be my Daily Driver and it's basically an old Nissan Altima not Sentra...

Has to be low miles, rust free and manual. Unfortunately most sellers always claim perfect condiction.... see craigslist for such claims.

Okay, I'm not understanding.

What are some of the reasons you say this?

The car itself is not bad, and the drivetrains are pretty solid. But having a few friends who have owned those, they tend to nickel and dime you a bit. One used to eat power window switches like a hungry guy at a buffet. The other had dash go out leaving him how fast or how much gas he had. ..

I think much also depends on the mileage and price. If the miles are lower and the price is right- can’t hurt to give it a try....

Back