My new car.

Learned something. Thank you.

I was able to turn it off while still on Stage 4 this particular time so. Definitely all good. (The other battery is too)

What am I presently doing with the car:

1. Added the 1 can of the fuel cleaner_emissions
2. Let car idle, it is still idling *strong exhaust but. The story is "this car was not frequently used."
3. Motor oil looks good. Kind is unknown.
4. Battery resting voltage was 12.99V when I checked it this morning.
5. Turkey baster and Power Steering fluid swap-out. Power steering was noisy and the noise is reducing and steering effort is going back to normal.
6. Car really needs a wash and wax.

For now, that's what is present situation with it.

Continue this thread or make new ?
Idling does nothing good. If it’s drivable, drive it to get the solvent through. Otherwise don’t waste the gas and time. Especially in cold weather.

New thread. Nothing superfluous. Start with smart detail.

Imagine the value of that car had it been painted Metallic Pea instead of Ivy Green?
I had the original window sticker. It included some fanciful advertising verbiage about the new 1970 Fairlane.

“if the wind had designed a car, it would look like this...”

Always wondered what on Earth the wind was thinking if that’s what it came up with...

Learned something. Thank you.

I was able to turn it off while still on Stage 4 this particular time so. Definitely all good. (The other battery is too)

What am I presently doing with the car:

1. Added the 1 can of the fuel cleaner_emissions
2. Let car idle, it is still idling *strong exhaust but. The story is "this car was not frequently used."
3. Motor oil looks good. Kind is unknown.
4. Battery resting voltage was 12.99V when I checked it this morning.
5. Turkey baster and Power Steering fluid swap-out. Power steering was noisy and the noise is reducing and steering effort is going back to normal.
6. Car really needs a wash and wax.

For now, that's what is present situation with it.

Continue this thread or make new ?
Make a new thread addressing your mechanical questions with the car.

That battery voltage, for example, can’t be right.

You have a really good taste in music, OVERKILL. Really good.

Am I hearing Johnny Cash lyrics in this song?

1:18 "Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying "

-- I have become comfortably numb? Or was that Pink Floyd

Or if one line.. maybe just coincidence. Just had to know

Not sure if there is an official lyric wiki on the song, but with the various permutations, I expect this is probably accurate:
"Her hips move and I can feel what they're saying, swaying"

Not sure if there is an official lyric wiki on the song, but with the various permutations, I expect this is probably accurate:
"Her hips move and I can feel what they're saying, swaying"

Ahhhh. Nice!

Okay, entirely wasn't what I thought it maybe was, a verse peppered in for like artistic effect. I really like that song you posted.

And I'm not going to kill this car. I promise.

With all due respect, pardon me for not holding my breath on that promise ;)

I'm sure the ghosts of several Volvo's, the Blazer, Expedition, Civic and many others I'm sure I've missed are all nodding in agreement with me.

Aside from attempts at deflection, I'll say... Shoot. Even I have forgotten about at least three of those! So I don't fault ya for not holding breath. And I dont even particularly remember a Civic.. unless that was the car they stole eons ago but, still. I see your point.

I would make a wager with ya but I mean.. I'm not doing any more stupid stuff, I suppose is all I can really say.

Aside from attempts at deflection, I'll say... Shoot. Even I have forgotten about at least three of those! So I don't fault ya for not holding breath.

I would make a wager with ya but I mean.. I'm not doing any more stupid stuff, I suppose is all I can really say.

Then why did you buy a case of catalytic converter cleaner? And don't say it's for the car you've been waffling on offloading for the last several days. One wouldn't dump money into something they aren't holding onto.

Then why did you buy a case of catalytic converter cleaner? And don't say it's for the car you've been waffling on offloading for the last several days. One wouldn't dump money into something they aren't holding onto.

Think about this for one second. Please.

The cat cleaner came yesterday.

I got the car yesterday.

The cleaner came the evening of when I got the car.

All that means is.. I got it for the Subaru, enough for 1 can ohh every 3 months or so.

Not the Infiniti, that I hadn't even bought yet.

:)

Think about this for one second. Please.

The cat cleaner came yesterday.

I got the car yesterday.

The cleaner came the evening of when I got the car.

All that means is.. I got it for the Subaru, enough for 1 can ohh every 3 months or so.

Not the Infiniti, that I hadn't even bought yet.

:)

But you've been waffling about getting rid of the Subaru for days now, why did you order this stuff if you weren't planning on holding onto the car? That's the point I'm making. It's a sign of a lack of long-term thinking, it's making (bad) decisions "in the moment" which incurs undue expense and thus consumes funds that could otherwise have been directed towards actual proper maintenance.

^^^ as to that other car, you must be talking about this one:

20210107_123013.jpg
20210109_092647.jpg
GIF_20210109_092435.gif

^^^ The very latest is that we are going to get that dent out, and I will be using it sometime next week because appointment for tags isn't until next month.

The trans pan is off because a High Pressure (Master?) Solenoid or something failed. The others are in spec right in the middle of 2.5 to 4.5 ohm.

That car is the recipient of the brew.

But you've been waffling about getting rid of the Subaru the days now, why did you order this stuff if you weren't planning on holding onto the car? That's the point I'm making. It's a sign of a lack of long-term thinking, it's making (bad) decisions "in the moment" which incurs undue expense and thus consumes funds that could otherwise have been directed towards actual proper maintenance.

I do believe you posted 30 seconds before I did.

Yes, indeed. I have or had lessening confidence. True.

This morning, I went and talked to the guy and he showed me how my car is still typing up his lift. He doesn't even want any money from me until the car runs properly. He is cool.

A fluid situation.. that is starting to settle.

Hey, who knows. Maybe the Infiniti will sit in the garage.

Next week I'll know if I can pay him that week or if I use the Taurus.

Apologies on all delay!

But you've been waffling about getting rid of the Subaru the days now, why did you order this stuff if you weren't planning on holding onto the car

As to the quoted.. I think the best and most truthful answer I can give you is.. you know I want to drive the Subie too 🤪

No more cars after this. I have the cars in my sig.. if one has to go it's the Subie buts that's IF. I can have two and use one...

The moving parts are slowing down here lol.

Back