My local WMs are no longer carrying Maxlife ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

In a matter of 2 weeks all the WMs near me have replaced Maxlife ATF with Castrol Import and High Mileage.
The price went up from $3.67 for Maxlife (a great deal) to $4.82 (I think)for the Castrol Import and $5 for the HM.
I snagged a couple of qts. of Maxlife and a couple of qts. of Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle for $2.50 a qt. on closeout. They seem to be discontinuing the Pennzoil ATFs too.
It's a shame...Maxlife at $3.67 was a great seller...the shelf was often empty.

I know the walmarts near me had maxlife in the quarts only, which did disappoint me a little bit. Usually that tells me that they are not a big seller but it was a pretty good price for qts. Hopefully I can get some on clearance if they are getting rid of them.

I get my drinking water at WM so I'm there usually twice a week. I keep an eye on the oil shelf and I see 10 or 12 qts. of ML on Monday and they're gone on Thursday. This has been the case since they started carrying it. I assumed it was a very good seller. At $3.67 it wasn't much more than conventional WM ST (which is $2.67)

Man, that sucks! They still have it around here in quarts and gallons. I would use the Castrol Import stuff though too. My wife's Honda seems to like it better than the Maxlife.

Maxlife was blown out for $2.50/qt recently around here. And, the range of Castrol ATFs took the shelf space.

i was in that store tonight and the oil prices are way up and of course when the price goes up the sales hit the skids..
the dust is piling up!

My local WM's have mostly SuperTech ATF and few quarts Castrol for more than a year now. The last time I saw any other brand ATF was in 2009.

One of the local WMs near me used to carry Castrol and SuperTech ATF. The Castrol was put on clearance a couple months ago. Today i noticed a shelf full of max life ATF at 3.67 per quart. So, at least one store switched from Castrol to Max Life.

Originally Posted By: Gonz
Today i noticed a shelf full of max life ATF at 3.67 per quart. So, at least one store switched from Castrol to Max Life.
That's a counter-trend arrangement so it might be wise to rake advantage if you use it.

Not all is lost however...

In this region, Meijer sells quarts For $3.69 and you can even get the equivalent price down in the $3.30 neighborhood if you buy gallons at AAP with a 40% off code.

When I visited Texas in December I noticed that Castrol ATF was the major player at WM.
I thought it was a regional thing and I was happy to have access to cheap Maxlife which is full synthetic and a screaming deal at $3.67. Oh well....

I was more comfortable using Maxlife in a hi-mileage vehicle before they thinned it down to meet the Dexron VI spec.

For those of you whose WalMarts no longer carry Valvoline MaxLife ATF - don't you have "High Milage" SuperTech ATF in the red bottle? Mine does and I use that when I can't find Maxlife on sale.

Plenty of Maxlife atf here in arizona! Quarts and gallons. I sure hope they don't replace it will castrol atf. The only time they don't have it is when its sold out. Its easily their most popular atf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back